LONDON UK 15 JANUARY 2015 – 3CX, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System, today announced the launch of 3CX Phone System 12.5. The latest version of 3CX Phone System leverages WebRTC technology to offer click-to-call and video calling.
With click-to-call, website visitors can make a free voice or video call directly to a business through the internet browser, without the need to download any additional software. When a visitor clicks on the embedded call button, a VoIP call is initiated via 3CX Phone System directly to the business. With 3CX’s click-to-call function, businesses can also elevate a call to offer screen sharing so customers can be shown new products or offered assistance, thereby providing a personalised customer service experience.
Businesses using 3CX Phone System 12.5 can publish any number of call button links enabling customers to be directed to the most relevant person. As inbound calls via the click-to-call function are free, businesses can reduce the cost of expensive 800 number calls. This new feature also includes a WordPress plugin so that it can be easily integrated into a business’s website.
3CX Phone System 12.5 also provides each extension user with their own personal WebRTC call link enabling users to make video calls. Start a video conference call on the spot with anyone you choose by sharing the call link. This feature adds a whole new dimension to 3CX Phone System, making video calling accessible for all.
Nick Galea, CEO of 3CX said:
“Unified communications hasn’t been much more than a buzzword until now. The latest version of 3CX Phone System is set to change all that with our new ad hoc video conferencing and click-to-call function. Customers no longer have to pick up the phone- instead with one click they can be immediately connected – for free. This technology offers great benefits for all businesses by enabling them to provide a whole new customer service experience.”
Additional New Features of 3CX Phone System 12.5:
- New Advanced telephony features – 3CX now offers the ability to return a blind transfer call back to the transferor if the recipient can not take the call, as well as automatic callback if the party you wish to reach is busy. What’s more, CTI support now allows users to perform an attended transfer right from their desktop.
- Updated 3CXPhone Mac client – now features improved echo cancellation, the ability to schedule web conferences and other enhancements, such as better phonebook handling. 3CX is one of the only IP PBX vendors to offer such a feature-rich Mac client.
- Improved Chat feature for 3CXPhone for Windows- it is now possible to elevate chats to WebRTC calls and create web meetings within seconds.
- New supported IP phones, VoIP providers and SIP trunks – including full support for Htek IP phones and a range of legacy Polycom SoundStation IP conference phones and Polycom SoundPoint IP phones. Version 12.5 offers over 20 new VoIP providers including: Deutsche Telekom, AT&T, and Time Warner Cable.
Notes to Editors:
Visit the 3CX website to find out more about 3CX Phone System 12.5, including videos demonstrating the new features.
Documentation and Links:
- Download 3CX Phone System Version v12.5
- Download the 3CX Phone System v12.5 Administrator Manual
- 3CXPhone for Windows client is included in the 3CX Phone System v12.5 and will be updated automatically, or download the client here
- 3CXPhone for Mac OS is also included in the 3CX Phone System v12.5 and will be updated automatically, or download the client here
- Download 3CXPhone for Android from Google Play
- Download 3CXPhone for iPhone from the Apple App Store
- Demo Key: SAOY-3LMW-U3OT-GLJV
About 3CX (www.3cx.com)
3CX is the developer of 3CX Phone System which is an open standard unified communications platform for Windows that works with standard SIP phones and replaces any proprietary PBX. 3CX Phone System is more manageable than standard PBX systems and delivers substantial cost savings while increasing productivity. Some of the world’s leading companies and organizations use 3CX Phone System, including Boeing, Mitsubishi Motors, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, Harley Davidson, City of Vienna and Pepsi.
3CX has been awarded the 2014 Comms National Award for ‘Best On-Premise Enterprise Solution’. 3CX has been featured in CRN’s Annual Network Connectivity Services Partner Program Guide for 2014 and awarded CRN’s 5-Star Partner Program rating in 2013. 3CX was also named a CRN Emerging Vendor in 2011 and 2012, and has been awarded Windows Server Certification, Windowsnetworking.com Gold Award, the Windows IT Pro 2008 Editor’s Best Award and a Best Buy Award from Computer Shopper.