3CX Quality on AirPods is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddybreton

SOHO User
Joined
Jul 17, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Hi, all. I can't make sense of this stuff, but 3CX's iOS app quality falls off a cliff when I use my AirPods.

This is happening with all AirPod users in our shop. The following conditions are already true:

  • Incredibly strong WiFi (200Mbps bandwidth at any time, low latency in an open space)
  • Codecs with highest priority are set to PCMU, PCMA in LAN and WAN
  • We've upgraded to iPhone 14 Pro Max's, AirPod Pro's 2
    • We made sure to delete the 3CX app, reinstalled from scratch and provisioned via QR code

What/s very strange about this is, when I toggle it OFF of Bluetooth and onto the phone handset itself, the issue is gone. I'm perplexed, any clues?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Got it. Is it being looked into / anywhere on the roadmap?

AirPods work well with every over app in iOS 16, seems localized.
 
I also have customers complaining about this
 
3CX Support - anything on this? We can’t fix ourselves if it’s an issue with the app :/
 
What other 3rd-party telephony app have you tried?
 
3CX is our telephony app. Works great from the iPhone earpiece, speaker and on Fanvill phones within LAN.

Airpods? Terrible.
 
I was asking for troubleshooting purposes: how other 3rd party telephony app is with the same airpods on the same device? Not music players, not Apple Phone or Facetime. 3rd party telephony app.
 
if WhatsApp, Telegram and Teams are considered telephony then they are working great, no issues.
 
I am available to test / reproduce / send logs and would like to help if possible.
 
I have a customer that has the same issue. we have tested with 2 phone.
iPhone 14 Pro with airpods - Bad call quality
iPhone 14 Pro Max with airpods - No issue

we have deleted the 3CX extension and rebuilt it - same issue
We have registered another extension from a different 3CX system on the iPhone 14 Pro - same issue.
we have swapped the air pods over so the iPhone 14 Pro is using the airpods from the Pro Max - same issue
The Pro Max used the airpods that had bad call quality oringnally - no call quality issue.
From our tests there is no issue with the airpods and its isolated to the iPhone 14 Pro.

Side note. my customer previously had iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max.
He had the same issue on the 12 Pro and not on the 12 Pro Max.

Is there anything we can do to fix the call quality on the 14 Pro?
 
Last edited:
Guys, I figured it out. Turn off 'Voice Isolation" mode when in a 3CX call and set it back to Standard. This iOS optimization is the problem. Maybe 3CX devs can opt out of the feature as I'm sure everyone else is affected by this.

I figured it was an iOS setting when it worked well on a regular phone call and also sounded terrible in Teams. Here is a link with the same details, but more verbose.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I had seen those features but never tried them. Guess I won't try them at all now lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vali_3CX
@eddybreton @SIP Connect @MBergeron @GplusU @Antoineg @Ayia Napa George
@paurus @ConceptsWeb

Hi everybody
Regarding this issue:

on development TestFlight we have a build, 18.6.3.604, which hopefully fixes this problem. If you want to give it a try, please send me by PM your Apple ID so I could add you to the above TestFlight group so you can get it. In case you're interested, additionally the build has H264 decoding support for doorcams (codec priority VP9/VP8/H264), so you can try it also (we've made couple tests with an Yealink T58 hardphone and a Fanvil i31s). Any feedback regarding these two will be highly appreciated.

NOTE: there's no plan yet to add these two features in the upcoming official iOS client release, for now they are in the development stage.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
@eddybreton @SIP Connect @MBergeron @GplusU @Antoineg @Ayia Napa George
@paurus @ConceptsWeb

Hi everybody
Regarding this issue:

on development TestFlight we have a build, 18.6.3.604, which hopefully fixes this problem. If you want to give it a try, please send me by PM your Apple ID so I could add you to the above TestFlight group so you can get it. In case you're interested, additionally the build has H264 decoding support for doorcams (codec priority VP9/VP8/H264), so you can try it also (we've made couple tests with an Yealink T58 hardphone and a Fanvil i31s). Any feedback regarding these two will be highly appreciated.

NOTE: there's no plan yet to add these two features in the upcoming official iOS client release, for now they are in the development stage.

Thanks!
I can test both. My testflight is showing 18.6.3.601. Should i check again tomorrow?
 
I can test both. My testflight is showing 18.6.3.601
Thank you! That's the "public group" of TestFlight what you see. I need your Apple ID so I can add you also in the "development group" where are also other builds.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Thank you! That's the "public group" of TestFlight what you see. I need your Apple ID so I can add you also in the "development group" where are also other builds.
My airpods are at home, but I tested video between the 3CX iOS app and Fanvil i63 Door Phone and also with Yealink T58. Works great, no configuration changes needed. Will try airpods tonight!
 
I checked the work with AirPods 3. In the "standard" microphone mode, version 18.6.3.601 and 18.6.3.604 work equally well. In the "sound isolation" mode, it is equally bad on both versions. The "wide spectrum" mode is not available in both versions.
IOS 16.4.1, IPhone 14 Pro
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vali_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us