• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

A New Bigger and Better FREE Licence with V15.5 Update 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a hobbyist user of 3CX with 3CX pbx installed on my PC. my home phone run on 3CX PBX. I am old free version user (old 8 Sim. calls). today my 3CX system shows me there is upgrade available & i pressed upgrade & system upgrade but now my license show me i am standard user with (16 Sim. call). i do not want to go in paid version of 3CX. so now i am worried what will happen after one year (after free maintenance time period). there is no free version/package shown on 3CX website. how i am able to go back in my free version package? i do not need 16 Sim. calls even 4 Sim. calls sufficient to me.

"Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

This system is in production, has internet, and working fine; however, I'm not able to check for updates! Ahhh!

Same here !

Hello Guys who have the problem with updates and getting the "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again." error message.
We have 5 installations and one of them had the same issue.
It looks like the problem is in some TLS version update or something like this (sorry, I'm not a guru in this area), but I changed one parameter and it starts to work for me.
So, go to Settings-Parameters menu and find the "DOWNLOADS_URL" parameter. Edit it and change the protocol from HTTPS to HTTP. that's all.

Can we get more information / expanded support or blog post on TLS and the new changes?

Specifically: https://www.3cx.com/docs/secure-sip/
Basically this first half of this procedure, if you install using a 3CX FQDN, is not needed. The certificate is already populated and in this update (V15.5 SP3) all you need to do is configure the endpoints (manually) to work with SIP TLS.

In the next update, we plan on also having SIP TLS as a provisioning option, so when provisioning the phone from the beginning you can choose to have it work with TLS.

I'm getting that also on just 1 system. Nslookup to downloads.3cx.com is working.

Same here!

Same here

same here can't update, can't find server.... ns resolves just fine. Overloaded update servers perhaps???

any answers for the error some sites are getting trying to get updates yet? i have 2 sites that have it and I really need to get one of them upgraded asap.

error message is "Unable to reach 3CX Updates server. Check your internet connection and try again."

Have never had issues with downloading updates on these sites before today.

Same here !

For some reason which we are looking into, for some users trying to update, a file was locked on the download server causing this error.
For those of you having this issue, try accessing the Management Console and:
  1. Go to Settings --> Parameters
  2. Find parameter: DOWNLOADS_URL
  3. Edit and modify the value to: https://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads/v155
  4. Press OK
  5. Go to the the Dashboard --> "Updates" button (not from the menu at the top of the page)
  6. Try performing the update again.

I am a hobbyist user of 3CX with 3CX pbx installed on my PC. my home phone run on 3CX PBX. I am old free version user (old 8 Sim. calls). today my 3CX system shows me there is upgrade available & i pressed upgrade & system upgrade but now my license show me i am standard user with (16 Sim. call). i do not want to go in paid version of 3CX. so now i am worried what will happen after one year (after free maintenance time period). there is no free version/package shown on 3CX website. how i am able to go back in my free version package? i do not need 16 Sim. calls even 4 Sim. calls sufficient to me.
You have nothing to worry about, but I will explain why by telling you what would happen with the "old" free license and then with the "new" free one:

"Old" Free License (8SC PBX Edition)
Once you activated your License Key, you automatically got maintenance for 1 year. After the year, it would remain an 8SC, BUT due to maintenance having expired you would lose your 3CX FQDN and 3CX SMTP service would stop. At that point you would have to pay for maintenance.

"New" Free License (16SC Standard)
Once you activated your License Key, you automatically get maintenance for 1 year. After the year, the key will be changed to a 4SC, but will remain Standard and your maintenance will be extended, so you won't lose your FQDN and SMTP capabilities.

Reactions: techsitters
For some reason which we are looking into, for some users trying to update, a file was locked on the download server causing this error.
  3. Edit and modify the value to: https://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads/v155
  4. Press OK
  5. Go to the the Dashboard --> "Updates" button (not from the menu at the top of the page)

Thank you ! I visited the management console and found that the update works again, BEFORE I found your message. Obviously, the download url parameter is not modified.

Strange... Anyway, the update is working now.

ugh,

Trend Anti virus broke the upgrade, as it detected an unauthorised file encryption process and completely borked my install.

I am on maintanance with my e-mail settings for reports. If I do upgrade this means after maintanance expire I will not be able to send reports via email with my email server until I will not pay maintanance? I am not interesting in FQDN.

3CX PBX is a product or a service?

well that was fun, not .... but it validated my restore process.... had to disable trend WFBS, as it detected what i assume was an upgrade related encryption on a file as malware/virus activity breaking the upgrade.

Disabled trend, uninstalled 3cx, re-installed it, restored the whole kit and kaboodle, and back up and running in probably 20 minutes.

I'm afraid it's a bad news for us ! We feel deceptive since we have just bought standard services several days ago for our clients. It turns to be free now all of sudden. How can we explain it with our clients? Should we send back the service cost to them? But who will pay for our loss ? Will 3CX take the responsibility ?

Anyway we need a resonable explanation for this case. What is the reason for this unexpected & huge change ?

4. Press OK
Good morning. Quite a few of our Linux deployed 3CX instances are still showing SP3 Beta as the only available upgrade option and not the final release. I modified the URL as mentioned in your post on a few test deployments as well as restarted; however, they still show SP3 Beta as the only upgrade option. We have other deployments that auto-updated to the final SP3 release with no problem. Is there a reason that the final release would not currently be available for all systems? Thank you.

well that was fun, not .... but it validated my restore process.... had to disable trend WFBS, as it detected what i assume was an upgrade related encryption on a file as malware/virus activity breaking the upgrade.

Disabled trend, uninstalled 3cx, re-installed it, restored the whole kit and kaboodle, and back up and running in probably 20 minutes.

if you ever talked with 3CX support, they advise to not run any kind of AV on the PBX, we have seen weird issues crop up with AV's installed during normal operation of the system.

3CX,
Out of all the vendors and manufactures I have worked with over the years you guys take home the gold price. You have an amazing product, I don't think anyone out there an dispute that truly amazing. But when it comes to your partner program OMG where do you start.

1) Dropping Snom because they came out with a mini PBX and bringing them back years later. (hurt the partners)
2) Dropping Grandstream because they come out with a mini PBX and bringing them back years later. (hurt the partners)
3) Droping NexVortex because they wouldn't use 3CX for their hosted platform (Hurt the partners but hats off to NexVortex for making a good business decision after todays release)
4) Offering free hosting for a year or whatever (hurt the partners)
5) Free licenses (hurt the partners)

The list goes on and on and on. Its truly amazing how a great product like 3CX can have such a blind management behind it. This product has so much great potential I would put it up against any Cisco, Mitel, Shortel solution out there and 3CX can do it all.
Yet being a reseller of the product you make near zero profit. The profit comes from the hardware a SIP trunking that at mentioned above is constantly being messed with.

Good morning. Quite a few of our Linux deployed 3CX instances are still showing SP3 Beta as the only available upgrade option and not the final release. I modified the URL as mentioned in your post on a few test deployments as well as restarted; however, they still show SP3 Beta as the only upgrade option. We have other deployments that auto-updated to the final SP3 release with no problem. Is there a reason that the final release would not currently be available for all systems? Thank you.

as on linux there are to parts to the update process, the server URL you see in the console informing the OS about an update and in linux the apt-get used repository. There is release for a debian 9 stretch

root@debian3cx:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/3cxpbx.list
deb http://downloads-global.3cx.com/downloads/debian stretch main

if you ever talked with 3CX support, they advise to not run any kind of AV on the PBX, we have seen weird issues crop up with AV's installed during normal operation of the system.

take from: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/phone-system-installation-windows/

Step 1: Preparing Your Host Machine for Installation
Tasks that MUST be completed before installing 3CX:
  • Assign a static internal IP address to the host machine’s network adapter.
  • Install all available Windows updates & Service packs.
  • Antivirus Software should not scan:
  • C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\*
  • C:\ProgramData\3CX\*
you still never know which other scanning feat. are used by the AV vendors, but this should be at least the exclusion rule.

Ran into a big issue with the templates for the Grandstreams.

The PC port is being turned off.

This is what is in the template:

<!-- PC Port Mode. 0 - Enable, 1 - Disabled, 2 - Mirrored. Default is 0 -->
<!-- Number: 0, 1, 2 -->
<!-- Mandatory -->
<P1348>%%vlanpcenabled%%</P1348>

This is what gets generated, it effectly turns off the PC port which is very bad.

<!-- PC Port Mode. 0 - Enable, 1 - Disabled, 2 - Mirrored. Default is 0 --><!-- Number: 0, 1, 2 --><!-- Mandatory --><P1348>1</P1348>

If we enable the PC port VLAN, but don't change it from 0, it is correct.

<!-- PC Port Mode. 0 - Enable, 1 - Disabled, 2 - Mirrored. Default is 0 --><!-- Number: 0, 1, 2 --><!-- Mandatory --><P1348>0</P1348>

take from: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/phone-system-installation-windows/

Step 1: Preparing Your Host Machine for Installation
Tasks that MUST be completed before installing 3CX:
  • Assign a static internal IP address to the host machine’s network adapter.
  • Install all available Windows updates & Service packs.
  • Antivirus Software should not scan:
  • C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\*
  • C:\ProgramData\3CX\*
you still never know which other scanning feat. are used by the AV vendors, but this should be at least the exclusion rule.

I just don't bother, especially if active protection or fire walling is turned on with the AV product. After the weird issues even with exclusions, I've just said nope to AV on the boxes.

Reactions: StefanW
I'm so glad we are not the only former Platinum now Gold reseller that feel let down by the new 3CX partner program and free license change.

Win/Win for end users going direct
Win/Win for 3CX
Lose/Lose for the partners

Reactions: us1 and trifif
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.