• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

ADD-COM headsets problem with 3CXPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADDCOM said:
The more information we have from you the better we can help you.

Thank you, Soorali.
Very well that all works for you. But the prolem not only I have.
More information on testing:
1. headset ADDCOM 800+USB cord is connected as audio device and 3CX see it as "C-Media USB Headphone Set". I have Windows XP Profissional, 3CXPhone ver. 4.0.10858
2. Tried to test two headsets and a few cords. I test on my Computers and called on other Computers. Then phoned the contrary. And I have test in other Computers.
3. The first problem. Call was 1.5 hours online, and more. After that, a microphone and speakers were not working. 3CX did not work too. See the settings I cant, because 3CX was "is Down". For starting 3CX work again, it must be restart.
I am connected other headset, but without result. Important and interesting point, I connect headset to Skype and tried to listen the music - the headset (Speaker, Microphone and Ringer) works!
4. The second problem. Important and interesting point. 3СХ not like switching headsets! When I call (online), and wont switch to another headset ADDCOM, 3СХ right there stops working (is Down). For starting 3CX work again, it must be restart. This problem was not only 3CX and was on the other softphone (Callway softphone). Why, I do not know.
5.Tested the headset ADDCOM on Skype and have no problems. Everything works OK all time.
6.Tested the headset Plantronics wish USB cord DA45. Similar problems (Speaker, Microphone not work). But, 3CX working all time, i must only enable / disable headset.

With best regards,
Svajtoslav Prytula

Hi Dynamic switching of headsets will create problems because there are many things involved in this. So to make sure that you are making the test correctly, you need to plug in the headset, and work with this only.

Your job is to keep the 3CX Phone connected to a headset for more than 1.5 hours. This is particular you have to check. Do not try and confuse the system by adding another headset in the meantime because this will invalidate your tests.

I need you to confirm that if 3CX Phone starts with ADD COM headset and works with it, that after 1.5 hours it remains routing audio correctly. So in this 1.5 hours, you must make no changes to audio devices on this machine.

If there are 5 possible problems we cannot fix them all at once and you cannot prove and test them all at once. You have to narrow things down. The easiest thing to replicate is keeping the phone for 1.5 hours connected.

It could be that you might have a network issue between your phone and 3CX Phone System. If you see the phone down, right click on the phone and click on debug. Do you see anything interesting there?

2Nicky.
Hi. I did about 5 different tests. Tests done separately. Test on a headset. Separately tried to switch the headset separately tested on Skype. All information is correct.

grekkievua said:
3CXPhone ver. 4.0.10858
Hi Svajtoslav

4.0.10858? Svajtoslav, 4.0.10858 has been built on February 3, 2010, almost one year and half ago - don't ask me to copy/paste all changes and fixes since then :roll:

I suggest you to update to the latest one first, then we can continue our discussion.

Regards
vali

grekkievua - I missed the version number. You did not see that there was a newer version available?

Latest version is 6

Thank you. Now testing a headset ADDCOM with the latest version of 3CX.

Good day!
ADDKOM with 3CXPhone ver. 6.0.19548 works well (no problems).
Thank you all for your help.
With best regards from me. Good luck and successes in work.
p.s. But to understand exactly what the problem was I could not, I can assume that not in the headset.

Thanks for your update.

The problem was not in the headset of course but in the software.

But the bigger problem was a user problem :) - because the user in this case used a software that was 2 years old. When a test needs to be made, it is pointless to use an old version. The latest and most stable version must be used. Maybe it was a software + Operating system compatability problem. 2 years ago 3CX Phone was not tested on windows 7 because it was not out. There are many things that can cause problems. Anyway the important thing is that now everything is working.

From where did you download such an old version? Can you let us know so if it is a 3rd party link, we would like to update it with the latest.

Thanks for the explanation!
The old file *.exe 3CX was in the archive programs and now I already deleted him. But I shall be very glad, if the problem was in the old version of the program. Of course, now on this fact I will pay attention to and advise clients to update the program.
Оnce again thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.