• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Call Pick Up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now I am confused.....

Someone calls to my ISDN number ... it rings in the extension # 100 ... The "human" recepcionist attend the call and transfer the call to my extesion (# 101) ... All works fine

That is an external call comming in wright?

The delay issue only occurs when I pick up an external call... It works fine when i pick up internal calls...

Having said that, what is exactly not working OK?

Looks like your receptionist can handle the calls ok, but when you pick up the call using *10* you have a delay. If you get a call directly routed to your extension you get a delay as well?

Could it be your endpoint (being the phone?) can you swap phones with the receptionist? no need to reconfigure the phone I just want to know it it is termination termination point related. I do not think it is network related as the quatlity is good and the full RTP message is delivered. I think your phone (either hard or soft) might just having a bad day.

Hello to all,

I think i found a main clue

As I commented

The delay occurs when I pick up external calls from my ISDN-VoIP Gateway (Lancom 1724)...

Well... As itfarmer points to me
Quote:
>>The delay issue only occurs when I pick up an external call... It works fine when i pick up internal calls...

Having said that, what is exactly not working OK?
There is a thing that i forget to say when i exposed the issue... Sorry :x :oops:

In the extension # 100 there is a "human" recepcionist that attend the calls.. but in a previous stage... also there is a "digital" recepcionist thats offers a wellcome message and menu to transfer the call directly to several deparments... and by timeout transfer the call to the "human" recepcionist...

Well, I think the clue is that "digital" recepcionist...

If i configure the system to route all incoming calls directly to the "human" recepcionist (extension # 100) instead of "digital" recepcionist ... and I pickup the calls (from the ext #101) ... the delay doesn't occur....

If i configure the system to route the incoming calls to the "digital" recepcionist first .... and then (if menu timeouts) to the extension # 100 ... and then I pickup the calls ... the delay occurs...

Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.