Cannot Add Live Chat to Web Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

buff0k

Free User
Joined
Nov 10, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
When I try to add a Live Chat in the Messaging plugin (Web Console), I enter the website (https://www.mydomain.com) without the trailing forward slash. When I click OK, the window returns to the Messaging plugin view, however the Live Chat is not added to the list. Has anyone else run into this issue?
 
You're running U7 Alpha, aren't you?

If so, yes, it's expected. If not, where did you see that?
 
I am indeed, how do you mean that it is expected? I was testing installing the Wordpress plugin and it required Alpha 7, so am I to assume that right now this functionality is broken?
 
Which browser are you using to access the management console?

Try using the latest version of Chrome, and clear the cache too just to be sure.
 
I used Edge Chromium and Chrome, did clear cache but I gave up on the Alpha, I reverted to stable and did another test (This time through the Wordpress plugin under settings, still only showing greyed out chat box in Wordpress. I did confirm that site is correctly listed without the trailing /. If I use the Click2Chat link directly it works fine, but it appears as if the WP plugin does not want to play nicely with it.
 
Hello @buff0k,

On U7 Alpha when you press "Add Live Chat" and you configure it, it will not list it as it might list other kind of providers like SMS or Facebook. This is something that will change with U7 BETA.

Now in your case that you configure it and you do not see it working on your website, make sure that the URL that you configured on Settings is the same as the one that you are using to access it.

For example if you configure it https://www.mydomain.com and you access it without "www" it will not work.

If the problem still persist, please send me a PM to give it a check.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hello @buff0k,

On U7 Alpha when you press "Add Live Chat" and you configure it, it will not list it as it might list other kind of providers like SMS or Facebook. This is something that will change with U7 BETA.

Now in your case that you configure it and you do not see it working on your website, make sure that the URL that you configured on Settings is the same as the one that you are using to access it.

For example if you configure it https://www.mydomain.com and you access it without "www" it will not work.

If the problem still persist, please send me a PM to give it a check.
I have confirmed that the website for the integration is correctly defined, http://www.hrcity.co.za and I have checked that this is correctly set up according to the documentation, using either the STUN route or the DNS managed direct access to the server in the click2talk link. Using the click2talk link directly works so I assume that this, along with the website being recorded correctly in settings means that the problem is on the Wordpress side?
 
Hello @buff0k
Try with https i.e https://www.hrcity.co.za
I was facing the same issue but resolved now.
I have, it did not work either, also, I don't have a signed SSL cert for the site so when I run it with self-signed SSL, Chrome gives a warning before opening, hence why I abandoned SSL.
 
SSL is the major requirement for this to work.
Try to Purchase an SSL or use Free SSL from https://letsencrypt.org/
 
SSL is the major requirement for this to work.
Try to Purchase an SSL or use Free SSL from https://letsencrypt.org/
I did previosuly test with SSL, but it wouldn't work, however I reran with the SSL enabled (Restored the backup I made with SSL on) en now it works, no idea what the earlier problem was, thank you everyone. I would suggest 3CX updates the documentation to clarify that SSL is required on the Wordpress site, would have given me the right place to start looking for the issue.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,169
Latest member
Isaac415