• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Cannot reset Htek UC912G After Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

meh

Free User
Joined
May 14, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
3CX Version: 18.0 (Build 461)
Phone: UC912G
Firmware :
BOOT--2.0.5.16(2018-07-30 18:43:00)
ROM--2.0.6.5.30(2022-03-28 16:53:00)
DSP--9.0.3RB(Patch 1.0.16M)

On previous firmware versions, the phones can be reset to factory default after pressing "* * * " followed by " x ". After the update, the combination does not work.

I have some phones, which after the update, does not have the correct IP, ( shows 0.0.0.0 ). These phones cannot be reset as there is no way of accessing the web UI or view the 3cx provisioned password for the web gui. And the factory reset combination does not work.
 
Hi, thanks for the replied.

This method does not work after the update
 
Are you able to login to the webUI using the password that 3CX provisioned? You can reset from there too.

I also tried following our guide and it worked for me when using this method below. The phone will not notify you, it will simply reboot itself and carry out the reset
1653032873401.png
 
Last edited:
Which firmware was the phone on?
I have tried several times already, the guide works for phones not on the ROM--2.0.6.5.30.

For the phones on the said firmware, nothing happens.
 
This sounds a lot like a Htek problem which should be directed to Htek support. 3CX does not determine what button sequence will factory reboot a phone. That is PBX agnostic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Hi I was using 2.0.6.5.30 and I was able to verify it with UC912P (the non gigabit variant that takes the same firmware). A minor detail I should mention: it might not work the first time as soon as the phone loads up. At my 2nd attempt I was successful.

If you are still having issues, try contacting Htek for support.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock