• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Cisco 8841-3PCC BLF Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iw-lance

Customer
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 20, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Preface: I understand that this phone is not supported by 3CX, however for personal use it has been fantastic. I have gotten basic and advanced calling features working without a single issue/reliability breakdown so far.

However, I am having one small issue. When configuring BLF, everything works as expected, except for when the monitored extension is calling somebody. When the monitored extension dials a number and it's ringing, the BLF status is "Alerting", like the extension is ringing. Of course, it is not ringing, it is calling another person. Once the person picks up, the BLF then correctly shows the line as "In Use".

Has anybody had the same issue/had any luck of resolving this issue? Ideally the BLF would display as "In Use" if the monitored extension is calling somebody and they haven't picked up yet, as the monitored extension is the one creating the call, and the only time "Alerting" should be displayed is when the monitored extension is ringing from an incoming call.

Does this have to do with the way 3CX sends the BLF status to the phone? Is there a way I can change this?

I have the following configuration for the BLF line key:
fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=EXT@PBXIP;ext=EXT

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)
 
Wireshark will answer your question although I think the answer is fairly obvious for the first part. For the 2nd part, the answer is no, at least on the 3CX end
 
Last edited:
I did a capture for two scenarios:
1) A call placed from the monitored extension
2) A call received by the monitored extension

Each time, the SIP state is "early" (when the extension is hearing ringing signal for scenario 1, or is ringing in scenario 2). This state changes to "confirmed" once the call is answered.
 
The BLF messages sent by 3CX cannot be changed/modified, but perhaps the phone might allow you to change its own behavior. Remember that ultimately its the phone that decides what to do with the BLF LED, regardless of what any PBX might send it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: iw-lance
The BLF messages sent by 3CX cannot be changed/modified, but perhaps the phone might allow you to change its own behavior. Remember that ultimately its the phone that decides what to do with the BLF LED, regardless of what any PBX might send it.

That's what I've done... I have changed both ringing and in-use to a solid red indicator. It seems to be a bodge solution, but it's not supported so I can't complain when I have to bodge.

Thank you for the reply!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,169
Latest member
Isaac415