DTMF input option gone in v20!

dorianborovina

Free User
Joined
Feb 27, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Hello everyone,

As a fellow forum member @PCProjectcfu wrote in this thread, DTMF input option is completely gone in v20.

I thought I was going nuts, so I wrote an email to 3CX sales and I got it confirmed from their Customer Service Representative:

1709055636434.png

Why would you remove this feature? I really don't understand it?

I understand that standard IVR is fine in >90% use cases, but there are some use cases where DTMF comes in handy.

Our specific use case is that maintenance-paying customer would get an 6 digit PIN that he would type in outside of the working hours to get an agent.

That worked like a charm for years now and now I need to migrate away from 3CX unless they return this feature.

Does anyone know more?

Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: velrusev and KeyMSP
We are also using DTMF input. Today I upgraded our PBX to V20. I'm reverting it now to V18 because we can't operate without.
 
I'm puzzled, since v20 customers complain nothing happens when they choose a number in the IVR. But some customers can choose it and and forwarded to the correct queue.

How do we solve it, because so many people complain about it that they cannot reach us.
 
We are also using DTMF input. Today I upgraded our PBX to V20. I'm reverting it now to V18 because we can't operate without.
Same here.
Installed the fresh v18, restored the backup, and made sure auto updates are offf.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KeyMSP
I would also like an update on this feature and when it's coming back. I have some customers that I can't upgrade to V20 without it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KeyMSP and jessevsp
I use it to quickly dial an extension number while greeting voice prompt is playing. it still functions the way it did before though, but editing option is greyed out, meaning that I can't add or remove extensions from the list.
 
Will they bring this feature back to V20? I have contact with our customer service and they told that we need to make a script for this option.

But is there someone that can assist us with this script?
 
  • Like
Reactions: KeyMSP
Will they bring this feature back to V20? I have contact with our customer service and they told that we need to make a script for this option.

But is there someone that can assist us with this script?
Yes, partners like us.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MayurPatel and jed
I have been reading the release notes closely with v20, I upgraded and am currently at Update 2. I just today discovered the lack of DTMF digital receptionist without any indication in the web admin other than not being able to click on the name and disabled Edit button. I cannot find any mention in the 3CX Product Releases blog where they mentioned this going away. How is it possible that the UI does not even identify that this Digital Receptionist is DTMF and unsupported rather it just removes the ability to click or edit it with no context.

I did come across a blog post about using Call Processing Scripts in v20 https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/call-processing-scripts/ perhaps that would work for some of the people complain about losing the functionality at least as a workaround. I believe DTMP should be returned to the functionality of the system personally.

Todd.
 
I have been reading the release notes closely with v20, I upgraded and am currently at Update 2. I just today discovered the lack of DTMF digital receptionist without any indication in the web admin other than not being able to click on the name and disabled Edit button. I cannot find any mention in the 3CX Product Releases blog where they mentioned this going away. How is it possible that the UI does not even identify that this Digital Receptionist is DTMF and unsupported rather it just removes the ability to click or edit it with no context.

I did come across a blog post about using Call Processing Scripts in v20 https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/call-processing-scripts/ perhaps that would work for some of the people complain about losing the functionality at least as a workaround. I believe DTMP should be returned to the functionality of the system personally.

Todd.
We use the Call Processing Script now. It is far from ideal, but it works for now.
I also would like to see the return of DTMF input in the Digital Receptionist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: velrusev and KeyMSP
We have customers that cant operate without DTMF functions and are on 3CX hosted.... so we cant disable updates....
Are we screwed now after the first of september when the automatic update kicks in ;) ?

It is another stupid step from 3CX to disable this without notice or support and we as partners and paying customers pay the price. v20 is a complete fluke.
 
  • Like
Reactions: velrusev and KeyMSP
any news about it ??
 
  • Like
Reactions: KeyMSP
  • Like
Reactions: KeyMSP
Impressive. Curious to know the reasoning behind this. Not cool to force long time users into a version that doesn't support this basic functionality and then not provide a solution that doesn't take 10x more effort. Bravo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: velrusev
And it's almost impossible to migrate existing DTMF receptionists to new alternatives as you can't even view the old ones to see what they did....
 
  • Like
Reactions: velrusev
And it's almost impossible to migrate existing DTMF receptionists to new alternatives as you can't even view the old ones to see what they did....
You need to migrate before upgrade. Than its no problem to use the alternative solution with the script.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: velrusev
Customers should be able to rely on official upgrade guides, not posts on a forum, many of which are by partners and customers.

The upgrade process should clearly warn of functionality being disabled, but didn't. This has caused us so many issues, we're now actively looking for alternatives to 3CX as management have lost confidence in the project.
 
I am on you... that problem should be mentioned on the guide. We had the same problem last year as we started testing v20.