- Joined
- Mar 24, 2020
- Messages
- 45
- Reaction score
- 13
I am having a hell of a time with this. It was simple in V18. Just upgraded to version 20. My client has one incoming fax number that with V18 went straight to the specified email with absolutely no problem.
I have read other forum entries and their solutions are either too cryptic to understand or just don't work.
We previously had the fax number set up in it's own sip trunk. I have since deleted that sip trunk and added the DID to the only other trunk we have.
Went to Advanced>Fax>Fax server and assigned the DID there with a default email address. Incoming calls just ring to the main extension that regular calls from the other, non-fax DID in that sip trunk go to.
Tried leaving the assigned DID in the fax server blank, but through Advanced>Fax>Add>Fax Forward added the DID there and directed faxes to be sent to the appropriate user's email.
Neither option worked. We are using Telnyx as the phone carrier. I know they aren't "supported," but they have worked well for us for years. Telnyx cant be the problem in this, there just need to be clearer instructions for how to set this up. Can anybody out there help with this?
I have read other forum entries and their solutions are either too cryptic to understand or just don't work.
We previously had the fax number set up in it's own sip trunk. I have since deleted that sip trunk and added the DID to the only other trunk we have.
Went to Advanced>Fax>Fax server and assigned the DID there with a default email address. Incoming calls just ring to the main extension that regular calls from the other, non-fax DID in that sip trunk go to.
Tried leaving the assigned DID in the fax server blank, but through Advanced>Fax>Add>Fax Forward added the DID there and directed faxes to be sent to the appropriate user's email.
Neither option worked. We are using Telnyx as the phone carrier. I know they aren't "supported," but they have worked well for us for years. Telnyx cant be the problem in this, there just need to be clearer instructions for how to set this up. Can anybody out there help with this?

