- Joined
- Aug 30, 2021
- Messages
- 12
- Reaction score
- 5
Hi,
I have followed this reference document to setup a Grandstream HT802 (GW) which is excellent abd very easy to follow (thanks).
Configuring Grandstream HT Series FXS VoIP Gateways
I should say upfront, calls can be placed and received through the GW, so it is working fine.
However, my preference is to have a fixed LAN IP for this device and also wanted to specify the local Time Zone, in my case GM -4:00 (Atlantic). So, before provisioning the GW with the provisioning link XML file, I had set the desired fixed IP ADDR and Time Zone through the GW Webpage. None the less, these settings were replaced after provisioning and the GW was assigned a DHCP ADDR and Time Zone set to Global GMT -12:00.
After noticing the changes, I went ahead and changed the GW configuration again through the GW Webpage: Update, Apply and Reboot the GW.
The changes were applied but within a minute or so the GW rebooted again (automatically) and all went back to the DHCP/Global.
Long story short: Can I not set a fix IP and Timezone in the GW? What is the right way of doing so?
Thanks ahead for any suggestions or comments.
I have followed this reference document to setup a Grandstream HT802 (GW) which is excellent abd very easy to follow (thanks).
Configuring Grandstream HT Series FXS VoIP Gateways
I should say upfront, calls can be placed and received through the GW, so it is working fine.
However, my preference is to have a fixed LAN IP for this device and also wanted to specify the local Time Zone, in my case GM -4:00 (Atlantic). So, before provisioning the GW with the provisioning link XML file, I had set the desired fixed IP ADDR and Time Zone through the GW Webpage. None the less, these settings were replaced after provisioning and the GW was assigned a DHCP ADDR and Time Zone set to Global GMT -12:00.
After noticing the changes, I went ahead and changed the GW configuration again through the GW Webpage: Update, Apply and Reboot the GW.
The changes were applied but within a minute or so the GW rebooted again (automatically) and all went back to the DHCP/Global.
Long story short: Can I not set a fix IP and Timezone in the GW? What is the right way of doing so?
Thanks ahead for any suggestions or comments.
