How can I make both SMS and direct DID calling to work. Whatever I try I have only one or the other working but not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGK

SOHO User
Joined
Jun 13, 2018
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi. I'm using a Telnyx sip provider. I could not figure out how to make it work. I have everything set up, but I can make either SMS or direct DID calling to work, but not both. For example: if I enter a DID in a sip trunk as +16088888888, then a person is able to send SMS. If I enter a DID in a sip trunk as *8888888, then a person is able to receive direct calls to this DID. I have the inbound rules set up and I attempted to to re-setup SMS multiple times. I even did it all from scratch by deleting the sip trucks and recreating them as well as all the rules. What do I need to do to make both SMS and DID incoming rules to work properly?
Thanks
 
Hi, how many DIDs do you have for the same trunk? if it is only one that will be used for both calls and sms, may I know the what is your routing? are you pointing the did to a user extension, ivr, etc?
 
Hi.
We have 8 DIDs on the same trunk. We also have a second trunk with a single DID on it. See pictures for routing details
 

Attachments

  • DIDs.png
    DIDs.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
  • digital receptionist.png
    digital receptionist.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 10
  • inbound rules details.png
    inbound rules details.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 8
  • inbound rules.png
    inbound rules.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
  • sip trunks.png
    sip trunks.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 10
Hi @EGK well, currently there is no telnyx integration for sms, perhaps you still have an old installation or template.

Here are the list of Supported Voip Providers also here are the recommended for SMS

You can point the SMS DID to a call queue, ring group, user extension or IVR.

If you will use an IVR for both Calls and SMS then please do it from the web client / desktop app using the admin portal as shown in the pic below.

1698111633882.png

In this way voice calls will enter in the IVR and SMS can be forwarded for example to a queue, user extension, ring group...
 
  • Like
Reactions: N_G
maybe this could happen because telnyx don't send "*" check in events in 3CX and debug tools inside 3CX
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us