how to update an SSL Certificate when the CA Authority changes

jabbott@EA

Premier Customer
Joined
May 10, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
I need to update my SSL Certificate, but the Authority has changed. How do you update the certificate when the CA has changed?

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/update-renew-certificate.77468/#post-353919>
cd /var/lib/3cxpbx/Bin/nginx/conf/Instance1
chown phonesystem:phonesystem YOURFQDN-crt.pem
chown phonesystem:phonesystem YOURFQDN-key.pem
service nginx restart

CA changed from godaddy secure certificate authority - g2 to godaddy tls intermediate ca dv - r1v1

I have done this multiple times but I have not run into an issue. i believe the reason I am having an issue is that GoDaddy names. I have updated the SSL certifcates on ubuntu boxes and there is a place to update the CA certificate. Let me know if I need to do anything when the CA authority has changed.
 
Solution
Hi there, it’s the same process. All you need to do is ensure that your certificate that you’re uploading has the full certificate chain that includes the intermediate and root certificates from the CA along with the private key file.
The cert PEM file chain is formatted in this way

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
The FQDN cert text
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
The CA intermediate cert text
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
The CA root cert text
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

You also need to ensure that the certificate PEM files have the correct permissions after you paste the cert PEM and the key PEM files.
• Run commands:

cd /var/lib/3cxpbx/Bin/nginx/conf/Instance1/

chown phonesystem:phonesystem YOURFQDN-crt.pem
chown phonesystem:phonesystem YOURFQDN-key.pem

service nginx restart
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,197
Messages
591,215
Members
165,257
Latest member
Sadfishadvi