• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Missed call from call queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

glfgrp

Customer
Joined
Jan 18, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
When there is a missed call from Call queue, the handset has no display of missed call and it is not in call history.

I have tried both grandstream GRP2612 and Fanvil X3S all same.

I am not sure is there something I missed out in configuration or it just works like this.

if call the extension directly, everything is normal.
 
This is actually expected as Queue Calls that weren't answered are marked as abandoned calls and not missed. Hence, these will not show on IP Phones as missed calls but will only appear in the 3CX Apps (except mobile) ain the abandoned calls list.

This is also mentioned in our 3CX Academy on Call Queues(Slide 14) : https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/advanced/call-queues/
 
Does the abandoned calls report is the only way to notify what income calls they missed?
 
Either that or use the "Notify Queue Manager when a Queue call is lost" under "Call Queue >> Notifications" to notify the Queue Managers or have the agents access the 3CX Webclient too.
 
The easiest way to see them is from the 3CX client, just select "Abandoned" on the top right like seen here:

1642578384921.png
 
Here is a photo which the client took when the system initial setup, in Nov 2021 (just about 2 months ago).
It looks like display missed call from queue.
He asked me why there is a display before but not now. To be honest, I couldn't answer this question. And I didn't make any changes since then.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 63
I think what you see above is a malfunction or maybe a Ring Group / Inbound rule was simply named "Melb Main Queue" causing you to think that queues leave missed calls?

We do not know why this appears that way, but we do know 100% that queues do not leave missed calls in 3CX because we designed queues specifically that way.
 
It is a quite simple setup, and there is only one queue and I never setup any ring group in their system.
For this thing I am 100% sure.

It is a quite stubborn guy. I have explained to him the system is not design in that way. And I do introduce the app for him try to solve the problem. He just keeps saying I must be changed something and cause the missed call from queue stop showing on handset.:rolleyes:
 
Hi @glfgrp

Unfortunately this is not possible. Whether a queue call is answered by somebody or abandoned (same thing SIP wise) the rest of the phones in the queue get informed that the call was "answered elsewhere". This is by design, so they they do not display a missed call.

I cannot tell you why that appeared that way, perhaps someone modified the phone settings or there was an issue in the previous firmware or something else that I cannot think of right now. But one thing is for sure, 3CX never allowed missed calls in queues.

We do not plan to change this long-standing behavior since it was designed this way on purpose for Queues.
1642584229918.png


Perhaps it will be a better solution to use Ring Groups for this specific case?
1642584302746.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: glfgrp
Well, for ring group when there is an income call, next one will get busy tone. If I am not wrong.
They do need queue function. There is no point put a call queue inside a ring group, right?
 
There is no point put a call queue inside a ring group, right?
That's not doable.


If they need queue functionality then they should definitely stay on the queue and use the 3CX apps or Webclient. That is the only quick and direct way to view Abandoned calls.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon