Need to display company name in CTI/soft phone

elogic

Joined
Sep 11, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Hi

I think is a good idea having the company name of the caller identity displayed on the CTI and soft phone
This is really helpful when used in conjunction with the caller ID resolve from company phonebook

Let user to choose which information display looking at the phonebook entries simply adding an option in the settings

thanks

Marco
 
Upvote 63
It seems I do not explain my self:

I do not want to change logo or graphics, I want ho display more information about caller during incoming call

At the moment the 3cx display only first and last name while I would be able to also display other data such as company name.

All these data are available in the company phonebook or in personal phonebook and the are already used by "Resolved caller ID to phonebooke entry" option. Why you do not use additional data?
 
  • Like
Reactions: mgb
A clarification from my side:

SITUATION 1: often we have several contacts within a single customer. All these contacts call us, originating from the same number. We therefor entered the customer in the phonebook, without a first and lastname. But then, nothing is displayed.

SITUATION 2: we have contacts with the same name at different customers. They cannot be identified on first/lastname.

So now we have the internal instruction to put the contact name in the 'first name' and the company name in the 'last name' (everyone in our company can edit the company phonebook). Needles to say, this often leads to mistakes.

So please: include the company name in the display.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mgb
Is this something that is considered? It would be really helpful in certain situations to display the company name also when there is an incoming call. At the moment you can only see the company when you open the contact.
 
Ich wünsche mir auch, dass der Firmenname angezeigt wird. jedes Unternehmen braucht diese Funktion
 
Something i definetely miss on a lot of incomming calls.
It's very cool if i can greet my caller by name, that makes them always happy, since they know, that i know who they are, before they have to explain it to me. But sometimes - i greet them by their name, but i don't really know, which company i have to look into in my ERP software...
So, for better caller identification, this is really something missing!
 
+1 for adding company to the "CLI" string show on soft phone etc
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lev
hello 3cx team

Why is nothing happening?
should be fixed quickly.
and many users need this feature.

greeting
 
Yes, please implement this. Yesterday I greeted a customer like I do with my collegues, because I did not correctly identified the company.
 
+1 I Need this for all Customers. The contacts come from Office 365. I cannot change all the Contacts to enter the Company to the firstname.
 
+1 I Need this for all Customers. The contacts come from Office 365. I cannot change all the Contacts to enter the Company to the firstname.
some one a good solution for this?
 
I can't understad why this is not implemented, this is a pbx for Business so the Company is the importest thing.
I would still understand it if it was a product for private customers, but not for a company product.
 
@3cx any Update on this?
 
@3cx any Update on this?
3cx evaluates these ideas on a regular basis - no need to ask them for an update. With only 17 "likes" it may take a while to get their attention. They don't just sit here all day waiting for and reviewing requests. They are implementing the requests... this stuff takes time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: N_G

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock