NEW: 3CXPhone Phone for ANDROID WITH TUNNEL 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali_3CX

Staff member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
2,931
Reaction score
1,158
Hi all

We are pleased to announce a new version for 3CX Phone for Android with embedded 3CX Tunnel (Version 1.3.1)
This version is currently not yet available on the android market
Click on Internet and enter the following download link in your Android phone:
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone.apk


Tips on how to configure 3CX Phone for Android with Tunnel integration:

Plug and Play Phone Provisioning method

1)Install the latest 3CX Phone for Android
2)If you are on the same network you will see an entry in the phones page. right click and add existing extension (or create a new extension)
3)Click on Phone Provisioning, and enable the option "Provision 3CX Phone with Tunnel Enabled for remote connections"
4)Press OK - Your Android phone will automatically provision with 3CX Tunnel option enabled. 3CXPhone for android will register using Tunnel.

Manual 3CXPhone for Android Configuration

1) Edit an existing profile you have or create a new profile and fill in all the basic account settings
2) Click on 3CX Tunnel (BETA) option in account settings
3) Enable the checkbox "Use 3CX Tunnel"
4) Enter the local IP of your 3CX Phone System Server in the Local IP of remote tunnel section.
5) Local Port of Remote tunnel - this is default 5090. If you changed the 3CX Tunnel port on the 3CX Phone System server side then you need to put the updated port number in this field.
6) In the "Password" field enter the 3CX Tunnel Password

3CX Phone System Server Tunnel options can be found if you log in to the 3CX Management console, Settings, Network, 3CX Tunnel tab.


This version also contains a number of Fixes made since the last update
- removed duplicate INVITEs when making or hold-ing calls.
- fixed a crash ocuuring in hold/retrieve call
- proper unregistration when phone exits.
- fixed autoprovisioning of a non-standard PBX SIP port.

Tested and working WITH tunnel on:
- HTC Wildfire S
- HTC Wildfire
- HTC Desire
- Sony Ericsson Xperia U20i
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i
- Motorola Milestone XT720
- Samsung GT-I5800
- Samsung GT-I9000
- Samsung Galaxy S

All tests have been done using WiFi.

Any feedback will be welcome.
Regards
vali
 
Initial texting with xoom 3.2 seems ok, some voice degradation, but ill keep checking some options to be sure

thanks for this
 
Tunnel funtion works on my HTC Desire Z. However it loses the tunnel connection when I turn of my screen. WIFI is still active and on 3G it does the same. When I leave the screen on it keeps the tunnel registration on.

Somehow this problem does not appear when I've disabled the tunnel feature.
 
This issue is no problem when you're placing outbound calls but receiving calls it's a bit of a problem. :D
 
Tested on wifes 4G HTC Inspire using AT&T with tunnel and works at home thru wi-fi, it works without tunnel as well. Also can confirm it works on employees HTC EVO 4G with Sprint on our work wi-fi with tunnel enabled and works without.

It seems a lot less buggy as well overall so great job!

Although, when will it work over cell signal? Is the new tunnel feature at this point a workaround only for locked down wi-fi routers blocking SIP? If so ok, but real benefit is using thru 3 or 4G cell signal.

Please clarify.

Thanks.
 
OK - using tunnel 1.3.1 on DROID 3 (I know not listed as supported but....) - outbound calls seem to work fine over both verizon 3G and wifi - but once I answer an incoming call I only get one-way audio (inbound - hear caller). Any subsequent calls (inbound or outbound) are one-way audio (hear caller, but they can't hear me). If I disable the wifi or 3G on the phone and then enable, I get 2 way audio on outbound calls (re-registering doesn't seem to do it).

What can we tweak?

btw this is the BOMB!

jack
 
Can it record internally like older version? I like 3cx because it used to have recording function.
 
Why is v1.3.1 not available on the NZ android marketplace?
 
it is only available here in the forum due to it is BETA!
Read the first post how to download and install it and you should be fine.
 
Cool yes have downloaded it and will try it out tomorrow. Cheers. Had an argument with one of your dealers that tunneling wasn't available on android so will look forward to proving it up. :)
 
aandjw said:
OK - using tunnel 1.3.1 on DROID 3 (I know not listed as supported but....) - outbound calls seem to work fine over both verizon 3G and wifi - but once I answer an incoming call I only get one-way audio (inbound - hear caller). Any subsequent calls (inbound or outbound) are one-way audio (hear caller, but they can't hear me). If I disable the wifi or 3G on the phone and then enable, I get 2 way audio on outbound calls (re-registering doesn't seem to do it).

What can we tweak?

btw this is the BOMB!

jack
Hi Jack
The issue you describe IS related with the tunnel? I mean, it happen only when you're using the tunnel?
If happen with/without, check if 3CXPhone has recording audio enabled. If yes, then disable it, exit 3CXPhone, start it and try again. Tell me if there is any difference.
Thanks
vali
 
Hi all

Today we officially released 3CXPhone ver 1.3.1 for Android, with the built-in 3CX tunnel. Official release page:
http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/new-build-131-3cxphone-for-android/

In case 3CXPhone doesn't appear as listed on Android Market, you may download it directly from our website
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone.apk

Compared to the beta version been available until now, the official release has two fixes:
- avoid often tunnel disconnections in case of a "weak" network signal
- proper release of recording audio device when recording ends.

Very soon, the 3CX tunnel will also be available embedded in our 3CXPhone for iPhone.
 
Much respect for new Build.

Question: Why 3CXPhone don't run as service?

P.S. I'm very pleased with 3CXPhone for Andrdoi because of the small batery usage and cpu consuption!
 
I am quite confused about configuring to use this with tunnel option. First of all, I don't suppose we use this with 3cxsipproxy server since this is probably a standalone client. But how come there's no setting for the public IP of the tunnel server?

What are we supposed to fill in for that local IP for remote server? Do we use "abc" as our password?

Could some kind soul show me what needs to be filled in for example to use with voxalot.com?
 
3CXPhone Phone for ANDROID WITH TUNNEL 1.3.1

I have installed the new tunnel version, and it works like a charm. No more hassles with unwilling routers and the like.
Still I'm considering to remove the app :cry: , because a long standing problem still seems to be in place:
* when installed, the app steers the ringtone volume of the native phone to "alsmost not present"
* When the 3CX setting is switched to speaker, the native phone's ringtone is present again, but the phone answers in "speaker on" position causing awkward situations in public places :oops:
* When the native phone is switched back to earpiece, the ringtone volume is back to zero again.
Removing the 3X phone brings all back to normal behavior, but would make me miss the tunnel A LOT!!!

Any :idea: suggestions :idea: please???

DNA info: HTC Desire Android 2.2
 
vientito said:
I am quite confused about configuring to use this with tunnel option. First of all, I don't suppose we use this with 3cxsipproxy server since this is probably a standalone client. But how come there's no setting for the public IP of the tunnel server?

The Tunnel option is only for use directly with the 3CX PBX, not with a VoIP provider. If you don't use the phone as a 3CX extension then ignore the Tunnel options.
 
leejor said:
The Tunnel option is only for use directly with the 3CX PBX
Hi Lee

Your whole message is correct and provide the proper answer to vientito, but what I quoted is quite a particular case. The common, general description, is that a client 3CX Tunnel - like our 3CPhones has - can be used only with a server 3CX Tunnel. And 3CX Tunnel servers are the ones of the 3CX PBX, AND the ones of 3CX SIP Proxy Manager.

3CX Proxy Manager is a powerful tool: you may "cascade" several of them - according to your network capability and configuration - in order to get desired "3CX route".

Suppose your work public network allows only port 80, therefore blocking port 5090 required by Germany PBX tunnel to which you want to connect. But, at home, your public network is less restrictive, allowing both port 80 and 5090. Therefore, at home you will install a 3CX Proxy Manager, having a bridge listening on port 80, and connected on port 5090 to Germany PBX tunnel. In this configuration, your 3CXPhone at work will connect by its tunnel to your home tunnel on port 80 so you will be able to reach Germany PBX on port 5090.

I hope I provided a good explanation

Best regards
vali
 
Sorry, my bad. I wasn't thinking... tunnel to proxy server then tunnel to PBX.
 
thanks for all the explanation - now it clears up everything. Guess that i just have to set up 3cx pbx at my apartment now!
 
Hello. I tested the new client (1.31) for Android on a HTC and Samsung Galaxy 5800th I am particularly interested in the possibility of the tunnel. Tunnel works fine over WLAN, but I get to any device (with different providers - T-Mobile/O2) tunnel to a working professional. The port has been changed. The tunnel is constructed and the display is "ON HOOK". Looks really good. The status display (red, orange, green) does not change as a connection over WLAN to green but remains orange. It is not possible to build a conversation. What actually means orange?
 
the orange "bulb" means the phone is marked as registered but the network has gone - technically speaking, at next registration attempt under the same conditions the bulb should turn red and status become "not registered".
In practice, this situation may occur when you use the 3G network but you haven't enabled the "Enable 3G" option under account settings / Integration.

We soon will release a new version, 1.3.2, which doesn't address network issues - this will be a later one fix - but, at least, will provide a clear "No network" status for such case. Also, the "Enable 3G" option will be enabled by default when creating a new account.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us