• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New Service Pack Update for V.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, ring groups continue to work in paid versions as I have not heard from any clients that it stopped......and they would let me know quite quickly.

Sorry for the confusion let me clarify, in the paid version ring groups are still enabled, using the demo ring groups are there as well as you still get the full version. I guess it was just too early in the morning. for me

I can, slightly fuming, that the ques have been removed in the servicepack. No calls got through, and I at first throught it was just a glitch from the update. Revertet to plain 11, all is well. Big no-no, what is the point of an update that renders the entire system useless?? :evil:

I have also 'rolling back' issue on SBS2003 server when applying SP1.
Other installations with 2008R2 standard or foundation passed fine.

Any clue ?

It appears that one of the changes that has been 'sneaked' in with the latest v.11 release, is that the unlicensed 3CX runs with more cut-backs in the feature set. If you have a look at the 'new' feature comparison list ... http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/edition-comparison.html ... you'll see that the features Ring Groups and Hunt Groups are no longer supported in the Free Edition. There is a demo license code that may be applied (see the version 11 release blogs), but while this enables all the 3CX features - it will only allow two simultaneous calls.

In regard to upgrade problems - your strategy should always be to back-up your current 3CX config. then try the upgrade / SP install from the 3CX Updates menu - But - be prepared for it to fail and then, just de-install 3CX, re-start the machine, then download & install the latest 3CX version ... and restore your 3CX configuration back-up as part of the new install.

Michael,

thank you for the suggestion about ProcessExplorer. With this, I was able to find the the 3cx EventLog.dll was in use by the Windows Management Instrumentation process wmiprv.exe. I have no idea why, perhaps you do? I stopped the service, and it also stopped Exchange Management. However, 2 wmiprv.exe processes continued to run, and in fact phoenixed themselves if I deleted the processes.

However, I ran the update whilst trying my best continually to delete the WMI processes in the hope that they wouldn't be running when it came to that dll. And it worked. So I record this experience for me, in case it is of use to others reporting the same issue/

3CX removed ring groups from V11 of 3CX and we support this move 100%

Too much was given away on the FREE Edition and devalues the phone system.

A lot of work goes into developing 3CX and this does cost money to develop.

3CX Free Edition is intended to be used prior to purchasing of a commercial licence to give the end user a feel for the quality of the system.

Any company who requires a phone system can purchase the mini edition cheap enough and well worth it for the additional features that are include with the commercial licence.

What I believe 3CX should do is provide a fully featured 30-day trial licence and remove the FREE Edition from the product range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.