• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote extension not sending sound...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will DMZ the IP of the phone if I can get into the router config settings, which im struggling with. Safari wont take me to the IP address when I put it in the address bar.

sms_newb said:
I will DMZ the IP of the phone if I can get into the router config settings, which im struggling with. Safari wont take me to the IP address when I put it in the address bar.

Unless you VPN into your remote router, you can't use the private IP of the remote device. You have to use the public IP plus the port number that you gave the device (5060?), however, for this to work you need to have that port forwarded, in the router to the IP of the device.

If attempting a remote extension without using the tunnel (sip proxy or tunnel for softphone) 9000-9049 UDP need to be forwarded correctly and 5060 as mention before, be sure STUN is setup properly and rport and keep alives setup (15-20 sec.)
Static port mappings are necessary also. maybe I missed some comments and I hope not, it wouldn't matter MAC or PC, maybe I am missing something but really 5060 forwarded correctly and 9000-9049 forwarded should work. It depends on the router and proper configuration. And STUN correctly setup as well as rport enabled and keep alives. Direct remote extensions can be a pain and there is more router config and port mapping then anything stopping you from your goal. good luck!!

Hello,

It's definitely the Grandstream phone. I had the very same problem and was able to solve it with the following:

Go to the phone's web interface:

There should be an option called "use symmetric RTP", make sure it is selected and also NAT (stun) is also set to yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.