Solved Salesforce Outbound Call Logging not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myles_G94

Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi,

We have been currently working successfully with the 3CX & Salesforce Integration for about a week.

However, all of a sudden on Tuesday a number of agents that use the

"Call phone via 3CX
s.gif

Click here to call this contact with 3CX (Phone)"

have noticed that the task that is created automatically to log the call is not being created.

After resetting the security token, retyping in their Salesforce user credentials and even reprovisioning the phone afterwards is not working.

The call is made successfully with the 3CX softphone client on Windows, however the task to log the call is not.

It is severely affecting our daily reporting within Salesforce as it looks like agents haven't been making calls!

Anyone here that can help with troubleshooting the issue?

Many Thanks!

Myles
 
Hi Guys,

I'm still needing help with this issue. Even after trying a fresh install, it still doesn't work.

Thanks!
 
So, I have found out that it's possible a salesforce permissions related issue - as it works when the agents are assigned to a different profile within salesforce.

I cannot find any documentation regarding the permissions required in Salesforce. Can anyone help?
 
Last edited:
This case is now solved.

From the call logs I had found that there is a new validation rule that we set up in Salesforce was conflicting with 3CX creating the call log.

Having allowed 3cx to bypass this validation, it has resolved the issue.
 
@Myles_G94 would you like to share validation which is conflicting with 3cx.

I am also facing same.
 
Good Morning @Goga,

It was a custom validation rule we had set up ourselves. When 3cx tried to create the task to log the call, it could not as it did not include a field that we had made required in order to create a task.

Specifically, when a user with a particular profile created a task, but set it as complete, they had to have a valid reason, whereas the 3cx task did not use this "reason" field when creating the task, so error-ed when trying to create a "completed" task.

Check which validation rules and/or required are in place for the users/profiles affected. I found out which one it was from the call logs found in %appdata% - 3cx for windows - logs - salesforce logs.

If you don't quite understand what I mean, just give me a shout!

Myles
 
@Myles_G94

Thanks for your reply.
I had check logs , it is showing below error :
entity type cannot be inserted: Contact

As i understand Contact account not have permission to do this .

Goga
 
I am not sure: If I am looking correct line, but below is error :

An error occurred processing an inbound call from 022339505: Error creating contact - StatusCode = CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY - Message = entity type cannot be inserted: Contact


Goga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe