• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Consideration SNMP Monitoring - IN CONSIDERATION

[email protected]

Reaction score
It would be nice if you implement SNMP Monitoring. This will allow to monitor things like:
-Active Calls:
-Between Extensions
-Between Bridges
-PSTN Calls
-Incoming Calls
-Outgoing Calls
-Online Extensions
-Offline Extensions
-CPU usage per 3CX Process
-Memory usage per 3CX Process
-Logging attempts.
-3CX Service Status

And so on.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 237
I was working on a fabricobbled script that would automatically log in to the 3CX admin panel and parse the information displayed in such a way that the various parameters could be picked up by my monitoring platform

If you have monitoring agents on the 3CX server - you might like to just read the DB. UNSUPPORTED - but effective if you can work out what means what. However - 3CX should provide a way of doing this, instead of removing what little monitoring was already in place. v15.5 has made our monitoring systems useless and in some cases we can't upgrade 3CX because of this.

It's not SNMP - but for all those caught out by 3CX removing logging to the OS logs (and not writing it into the Linux version)...

I've written a service / daemon that replicates writing to the OS logs as it was on Windows and adds this functionality to Linux.
This software is owned by my employer so I can't release freely - however if there's enough interest we might consider releasing commercially. If you'd be interested - please PM me with how many 3CX servers you have, and their OS.
In the meantime - we offer this as part of our proactive 3CX support service. Please PM me for details if you're interested.

Reactions: accentlogic
+1 also for me !!

SNMP Monitoring +1 for me.
It is important for professional Users!
E-Mail is not enough, because normal companies have monitoring systems for all their devices...
With SMS Backup and so on....

Its a MUST +1

+1
we need pro-active monitor concurrent calls and etc and monitor only by e-mail alerts is not enough.

+1 / No question, this is a MUST for professional use.

Please make whatever solution able to work on Linux too - so not WMI.

@Nick Galea will hate me saying this, but for those saying you can't monitor at all - the logs (since v15 not written to OS) are available in the DB. Parsing those does give some indication of problems, but only after they occur. Proactive monitoring / stats counters exposed in standards complaint way such as SNMP would be much better.

+1 for SNMP on linux

+1 SNMP and full support on Linux please! PRTG would love to read SNMP sensors and give great reporting.

Also consider notification options similar to how Ubiquiti UniFi Controller offers for multiple types of notifications, log, email, web hooks even! Each type of notification can be a column with groups etc.
Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 12.03.53 AM.png

+1 for me.
SNMP support for hosted pbx is a must

Again no Feedback from 3CX, please give us an update

+1

Strongly needed also.

+1

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.