• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Softphone with Shared Line Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

iw-lance

Customer
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 20, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have successfully configured multiple desk phones for one user, and when a call is placed on one desk phone, the line key on the other correctly shows the shared line as in use. However, the same cannot be said when a call is placed using the browser extension/softphone.

Is there something I'm missing? Below is the hardware I'm using and the configuration in 3CX.

HARDWARE:
Cisco 8841-3PCC (I'm aware they're unsupported, but I have them working fantastic for our office)

CONFIGURATION:
SLA_ENABLED: 1
SLA_ONSUBSCRIBE: 5

Any help is greatly appreciated! This is the last link to getting our phone system working exactly how we want. I know that SLA is "older" technology, and shared parking orbits are favored, but having SLA when one extension has multiple phones (or even one phone and a softphone) is a nice feature to have, if possible.
 
Hi Lance,

1. 3CX does not support having multiple SIP accounts per device so I would not expect this to straight up work.
2. The parameters you mention are deprecated.


Recommendation: If you wish to monitor the call state of another extension, we would recommend to setup BLFs. This way, no matter which device/softphone is used by that extension, your BLF on your deskphone should be able to show you that they are currently free/ringing/in a call.
 
  • Like
Reactions: iw-lance and leejor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe