• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA-3102 - UK Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There

The Linksys SPA3102 seems to only deliver VoIP Packets (SIP & RTP) only over the WAN port.

The reasoning is probably because the device is thought to interface a VoIP Provider account on the web to an analog phone in a home environment - to replace a home analog line, and also doubling up as a small home WAN-to-LAN NAT router.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin

h2009 said:
Dave, could you post some screen shots of your configuration please - or email them over to me and i'll post it.
[email protected]

Thank you

Hi,

I have just sent you the files. Please take a look at it and publish them here, too...

Dave

kevin said:
Hi There

The Linksys SPA3102 seems to only deliver VoIP Packets (SIP & RTP) only over the WAN port.

The reasoning is probably because the device is thought to interface a VoIP Provider account on the web to an analog phone in a home environment - to replace a home analog line, and also doubling up as a small home WAN-to-LAN NAT router.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kevin

Yep, you can either put it into your system as a full firewall / router / VoIP PSTN gateway and in that case you just connect the WAN interface to your cable / dsl modem (or whatever you got there), your internal LAN (which your PBX server exists in) will be connected to the Ethernet port and your PSTN external line will be connected to the Line port; or you can use it as a PSTN gateway for your PBX only, then you plug the LAN cable into the WAN connector and enable the wan web server in the Wan setup section (also, this can be applied anytime there is alternative way of connection to Internet available - like another firewall / router in the network). In this case WAN port serves as the communication mean for your network, Ethernet port is not used at all.

It is also possible to use the device as a stand-alone ATA for your analog phone, but that scenario has not been applied here in my case and I am afraid I can not fill you with more detailed info on that matter...

Dave

Mike, thanks for your kind offer.

in the mean time I shall persist - family permitting!

Regards, Andy

Just to let you know i've sorted this now. I'll get onto posting the pics and my findings shortly.

Hi,

Meaning this SPA-3102 can not be use in an offline mode(LAN setting PBX)?

All my knowledges about the SPA-3102 say me that can be use in an offline mode(LAN setting PBX), in/out PSTN, from local or wan..., my firmware is 5.1.7(GW)... the only problem is no callID displayed maybe the call-provider.

My SPA3102 is used in a LAN setting (i.e. it's not sending any data packets out over the WAN and is purely used as an FXO gateway).

I get caller ID displayed (although it sucks that they're all associated with "Outside Line" which is what I named the 3102's line settings).

In order to get caller ID to properly work with SPA-3102, you need to set up its FXO port to pick the PSTN line with a little delay. Try 4 or 5 seconds, it should work just fine. Someone actually provided the formula of the exact delay calculation on this forum once, but typically it will be 3, 4, or 5 seconds.
Good luck,
Halea

I live in Spain... my phone provider is Jazztel, and so far my experience says that the problem are with the regional settings of the 3102. No all the phones of my house take the ID Caller, I must think that the problem are from the phone provider too...

Pentangle said:
My SPA3102 is used in a LAN setting (i.e. it's not sending any data packets out over the WAN and is purely used as an FXO gateway).

I get caller ID displayed (although it sucks that they're all associated with "Outside Line" which is what I named the 3102's line settings).

Hi Mike,

how did you do that? That would be interesting for me here, too, to see the settings. The sooner you post the screenshots, the better :).

Dave

Sorry sorry sorry - totally slipped my mind.

Attached you'll find screenshots of my config. 10.0.0.14 is the Linksys in question, 10.0.0.2 is my 3cx server and also my DNS/DHCP server, and 10.0.0.1 is the router.

I had to break it down into 4 zip files due to the limitations on uploads here.

As regards CLI - you're sure you have it working on the line in question already? i.e. you've paid your shilling to BT for providing the service?

Cheers,
Mike.

Pentangle said:
As regards CLI - you're sure you have it working on the line in question already? i.e. you've paid your shilling to BT for providing the service?

You were asking me? Well, it seems the CLI is an integral part of our PSTN service, at least I did not have to activate anything, nor have to pay for extra feature assigned to the line...

And thanks for the screenshots, they really are interesting, giving me some attractive ideas about our SPA3102 configurations...

Dave

EDIT: Now I remembered, we are using one standard ISDN line with two numbers and CLI is always provided with this type of line over here...

Do let me know if you find any way of adjusting the native volume of the device, as it's lower than my connection to Sipgate.

Those screenshots are for FXO only - as I found some strange anomalies when trying to run FXO and ATA, hence one of the lines is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.