Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sweet Sixteen… 3CX v16 ALPHA

Discussion in '3CX News / Tech Articles / Product Releases' started by Bianca, Dec 3, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

Sweet Sixteen… 3CX v16 ALPHA 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The new scripting solution introduced is the standard the world uses - You dont need to spend time and money to learn. Its Batch files, Python, powershell etc.
    That's why we removed it - because the cfd had a learning curve.
    Give me an example of what your current cfd does let me see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. maxmino

Based on what you say, everything that now works in version 15.5 will no longer work in version 16 without having been given any notice regarding the decommission of this technology (voice apps).
    I do not dispute the fact that you are introducing a simpler way to manage the call flow but I think it isn't correct to change on the fly a core feature of the product without giving proper notice to its customers and forcing them to either stay on an outdated platform or to have to re-engineer what has already been developed.
    For example, Microsoft announced with the release of Exchange 2010 that with the next version would have decommissioned the public folders and discouraged the use of this feature but provided at least 3 years before removing such an important feature (which never happens because they reviewed their choice)

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We released an alpha. We have couple of more alphas to go, beta, release candidates, final releases. This procedure will take 2 months for sure.
    After this, to date, I have never seen an admin that goes running to update his production pbx when the alpha is released. People prepare themselves for the update.
    Exchange 2010 is a completely different example, with a completely different user base. Plus Exchange is a humongous prehistoric whale compared to a tiny cfd script that sets a parameter to 1 and checks a number to a database.
    So before you alarm yourself and the rest of the community, why don't you tell me what your cfd's do in point form so that we can help you prepare yourself by telling you how much time you need to convert your cfd into a script that is a couple of lines long.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maxmino

It is not my intention to alarm anyone, the purpose of this thread is to understand in time the news that will be introduced, give their own suggestions and points of view.
    I do not want to compare whales to scripts because it would not be correct, it was just an example to say that before abandoning technologies that were the basis of choices and comparisons with other platforms it would be appropriate to give more time and discuss with their customers who have invested time and money in your product.
    Thanks for the feedback and we will update as soon as we can try the new features announced.

tresearch likes this.
  5. Federico Moschini

Thank you and where I can put this batch file? I am using OVH server with Debian.

6. Gioal

I want to know if the script can do this.

I have a CFD in operation that takes the ANI of an external incoming call, consult the 3CX call log and route the call to the last extension that called to that number. It will be possible to do this using new scripting?

tresearch likes this.
  7. Gioal

Another one:

It will be possible do parallel execution with script?
    An example for this, play a music during webservice consult.

nb and tresearch like this.
  8. plochu

Maybe it is not right place and it will be off topic but I think that 3CX has a great problem to share informations about plans for the future. Almost 100% of my 3CX Phone System deployments and maintenances uses CFD and other ways of integration with external services.

Take a look at this picture that shows Ubuntu lifetime:
    [​IMG]

It would be very helpful if 3CX will be able to provide such information.
    @Nick Galea, @nb please think about this - this can help to avoid a lot of stress :)

nb likes this.
  9. Jeremy Bero

I'm guessing user configuration of BLF is still only for Pro or better licenses?

nb likes this.
  10. BrenttG

BrenttG New Member

I need to give whichever 3CX team member prepared the screenshots of the chat and sending documents some props for the names and companies used, Nice to see some fellow Nikola Tesla fans floating about. Nice little throw back there.

nb likes this.
  11. tresearch

I agree with what the other posters are saying regarding the CFD. It's a great tool to have and is the goal that most programmable voice systems long for. Look at any other "programmable voice" platform; they have a visual tool or are actively working on one (ever hear of Twilio?). It is extremely useful to be able to visually see the call flow rather than rely entirely on python or powershell. CFD apps can already launch scripts so what is the real benefit here besides 3CX corporate wanting to abandon development of the tool?

We are in the process of launching 3CX for a larger 128 SC client and need to rely on the CFD apps to replicate functionality they already have with their existing system. One such app is recreating the callback functionality but adding a message that can be left by the caller and automatically played to the extension that is being autodialed out by the callback dialer queue.

I also second the idea of not forcing us to move to the web client for everything. In a corporate environment it very useful having the softphone be its own software. This means the custom plugins for the softphone will go away and also that the softphone will just be lost in the sea of other Chrome tabs. Hopefully the web client is setup so that Chrome knows it can export it as an application so it can have it's own icon in the taskbar and ALT + TAB application switching.

snowsam and nb like this.
  12. plochu

@nb so maybe I will give and example of very simple but useful script in CFD that I'm using.
    It is based on CFD and allows to Listen/Barge/Whisper other extension using any deskphone.

upload_2018-12-5_21-27-25.png
    Variable1 is named "callflow$.ListenTo"

upload_2018-12-5_21-29-29.png

And in external script properties I have:
    upload_2018-12-5_21-30-58.png

External script needs two parameters named ext1 and ext2 and is about 20 lines long but the most important is:
    "PhoneSystem.Root.BargeinCall(ext1, ac, PBXConnection.BargeInMode.Listen);"

I think that you understand how it works.
    Can You please give example how to do this using 3CX v16? I know you wrote that some examples will be avaliable soon but I'm really courious how to do this.

nb and tresearch like this.
  13. clarityscg

Not thrilled by the web client. Need Drop and Drag feature ... need to keep 3CX Phone

14. safemode

Drop and drag isn't an issue to add to modern web apps, it would be worth putting this as a post in the ideas forum, I would certainly vote for it.

nb likes this.
  15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@federico - You will put it on the server. We will explain everything in the coming days. We will release an article.
    @Gioal - Thanks for your current existing cfd examples. I will definitely use them in the samples. Prompt playback during script execution we do not have. I will consult internally.
    @plochu - We need to improve this you are correct. Of course Ubuntu and other applications are completely different - with community support and thousands of maintainers worldwide, they are able to support OSs for longer terms. However we will try our best to inform the community. Also thank you for your CFD Sample. We will do our best to incorporate it in the samples soon. For sure in the coming days.
    @Jereny Bero - Yes Pro and ENT
    @BrenttG - thanks some humor is greatly appreciated right now.. :)
    tresearch - Thank you for your comments. We will provide as much help as we can. re webclient - We are working so the webclient is not lost in tabs as you correctly explained.

plochu likes this.
  16. hogan71088

Has there been any functionality added to the wall board? Option for individual agent wall board statistics?

safemode likes this.
  17. Eliq91

We currently use CFD to make some pretty complicated call routing. It handles overlapping schedules of 4 offices and routes calls based on time of day to the right medical office reception line and also handles multiple Holiday schedules for each office to ensure the call goes to the right place. Is this going to be possible with version 16?

18. TBWD

Thank you for the update

19. luckystrikes

Looks amazing , go 3CX team your hard work puts everyone of us ahead of the game. @plochu I think it's unfair to compare 3CX dev to linux dev. The way the market is demanding innovation and the pace the team here is going deserves some applause

Could you provide some details on what you mean by this in call reports?
    • Revised and optimized reporting engine towards standards-based reports.

20. info@matic-tec.de

I fully agree to this. We have created some complex CFDs. We can solve it with a single IVR that calls one scipt.