• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Templates. Aaargh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prfindlay

SMB User
Joined
Mar 3, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Yes, I know custom templates are not supported, but can anyone help with this frustrating situation?

I have a template that works, it's just not got the correct name to be picked up by my phones

I'm using a modified SNOM template and have just changed

Code:
<deviceconfig filename="cfg%%mac_address%%">

to be

Code:
<deviceconfig filename="MN_%%mac_address%%.cfg">

but when I provision the phone, the link is doggedly sticking to cfg{mac}

Code:
Provisioning Link: https://myserver.3cx.uk:5001/provisioning/ytyw65ith2/cfg{mac}

Looking at other supported templates e.g. grandstream, that has a config filename of

Code:
<deviceconfig filename="cfg%%mac_address%%.xml">

Yet when I provision one of those, the filename seems to be ignored and shows as

Code:
Provisioning Link: http://myserver.3cx.uk:5000/provisioning/ytyw65ith2

Same story with HTek.

It's like 3CX is doing its own thing based on some other criteria rather than following what's in the template.
 
It's actually the reverse: each manufacturer has their own naming convention for their config files, the phone knows to request its config files on its own once a URL is provided.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
It's actually the reverse: each manufacturer has their own naming convention for their config files, the phone knows to request its config files on its own once a URL is provided.
yes I know, but the 3cx is not creating the config file with the name I told it to
 
Even if 3CX did, the phone is hardcoded (I think, could be wrong) to only look at 1 specific filename.

What's the actual issue to be solved here?
 
I'm using the snom template as a basis, I'm wanting to template a mitel phone, which looks for several files, one of them being based on its Mac address.

I've potentially got hundreds of them to transfer over to 3cx and I don't want to have to hand copy/paste the sip login information, username etc for each one
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us