- Joined
- Aug 17, 2021
- Messages
- 19
- Reaction score
- 2
Hi All, I'm new to 3CX and looking for some advice, have recently set up 3CX v18 on a Raspberry Pi, working well with 2 IP handsets.
Have worked through the training academy videos for the basic certification (haven't bother with actual certification... well as yet) so covered perhaps the minimum knowledge for 3CX,
As a temporary measure (perhaps for 2 or 3 months), I am looking to connect an ATA, that has a single FXO port, to my 3CX setup so that i can make use my current PSTN line as a trunk.
I see that there is a list of 'certified/supported' ATA devices, some of which have FXO port/s (and range in price from AU$300 up to nearly AU$700), also that throughout the 3CX forum discussions there are indications and part examples of where other 3CX users have been able to successfully set up other ATA units, those not (or simply no longer) on the 'certified list'.
So i am rather keen to avoid the unnecessary costs of purchasing a new ATA, and would like to make use of either the LinkSys SPA3102 I have on hand, or a GrandStream HT813 that i can borrow. The HT813 appears to me to be a newer device than the SPA3012, thus potentially the better choice for my circumstance. Thoughts??
However, what i haven't yet found is a clear (and ideally complete) guide to setting up the HT813 as I'm assuming a 'generic' PSTN gateway. Perhaps i simply haven't searched enough yet...
Anyhow if you have a HT813 set up on your system and happy to share advise to help me set up mine, that'd be appreciated.
Thanks
Neil
Have worked through the training academy videos for the basic certification (haven't bother with actual certification... well as yet) so covered perhaps the minimum knowledge for 3CX,
As a temporary measure (perhaps for 2 or 3 months), I am looking to connect an ATA, that has a single FXO port, to my 3CX setup so that i can make use my current PSTN line as a trunk.
I see that there is a list of 'certified/supported' ATA devices, some of which have FXO port/s (and range in price from AU$300 up to nearly AU$700), also that throughout the 3CX forum discussions there are indications and part examples of where other 3CX users have been able to successfully set up other ATA units, those not (or simply no longer) on the 'certified list'.
So i am rather keen to avoid the unnecessary costs of purchasing a new ATA, and would like to make use of either the LinkSys SPA3102 I have on hand, or a GrandStream HT813 that i can borrow. The HT813 appears to me to be a newer device than the SPA3012, thus potentially the better choice for my circumstance. Thoughts??
However, what i haven't yet found is a clear (and ideally complete) guide to setting up the HT813 as I'm assuming a 'generic' PSTN gateway. Perhaps i simply haven't searched enough yet...
Anyhow if you have a HT813 set up on your system and happy to share advise to help me set up mine, that'd be appreciated.
Thanks
Neil