Solved "Unavailable" red indicator disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

perfect-touch

Customer
Joined
Mar 26, 2020
Messages
167
Reaction score
37
Apologies if this is a known issue (or by design?) but when visiting the web page out-of-hours, a red indicator is displayed over the chat icon. However, if the chat window is opened and then minimised, the red indicator disappears making it look like chat is available?
 
Interesting. Are you using the standalone version or the 3CX Integrated one?
 
3cx integrated - the chat indicator on the https://www.3cx.com home page behaves the same way
 
Hi @perfect-touch,

UPDATE: If you reload the page, the red dot will be back. It will be shown to each visitor that visits the page. It indicates that a message is waiting. Minimizing it, doesn't change the response it gives so I don't see this as a major issue.

If I've misunderstood the message you sent, feel free to update me.
 
Last edited:
To be honest, I feel this is a bug from the user experience perspective. Meaning, the user might misunderstand the red dot disappearing as "someone is now online" which would me misleading.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
I understand @ConceptsWeb, and I've just double checked this - the red dot doesn't indicate the system is offline or online, it indicates a message waiting (the greeting in this case). Clicking it shows you the offline message greeting - thus you know no one is there. If you type something like "hi" and instantly minimise it - the red dot returns.
 
I understand @ConceptsWeb, and I've just double checked this - the red dot doesn't indicate the system is offline or online, it indicates a message waiting (the greeting in this case). Clicking it shows you the offline message greeting - thus you know no one is there. If you type something like "hi" and instantly minimise it - the red dot returns.
Okay so the red dot is not even for offline status. That makes more sense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
Yes, apologies for any confusion. The automatic notification for offline messages threw me off. Anyway, now we got down to the truth. I'll wait for @perfect-touch to come back and we can resolve this.
 
Sorry Vas, I guess like many others, I had misunderstood the purpose of the red dot :)

It never occurred to me it was caused by the offline greeting message being present in the unopened chat window...

I totally agree that the indicator does return on page activity/refresh although this in itself seems like a bug - if the customer has opened the chat window and seen the greeting message, why would the unread indicator need to be displayed at all?

Anyway, no big issue - it was reported to me by staff testing the live chat functionality and I wanted to raise the issue.

Thanks as always for your rapid response
 
No problem @perfect-touch. Feel free to open a new thread if you require any more info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us