Unifying 3CX with Microsoft 365 - Teams Direct Routing - Part 3 of 3

Keith Winhall_3CX

Product Communicator
Free User
Joined
Aug 3, 2021
Messages
60
Reaction score
67
In this 3rd and final video series covering version 18 synchronisation with Microsoft 365, Stefan Walther, CEO at 3CX, walks through the steps to bring one of the hottest additions to 3CX, full integration with Teams phone system by way of Direct Routing. Click here if you missed part 1 and part 2. [fusion_youtube id=\"-1E02o_LN3E\" alignment=\"cen...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
the Blog Post says: "The SSL certificate cannot be a wildcard"

What happens if I have a wild card certificate? Or will it simply just not work?
 
Hi,
the Blog Post says: "The SSL certificate cannot be a wildcard"

What happens if I have a wild card certificate? Or will it simply just not work?
It won't work at all. I tried lol
 
  • Haha
Reactions: damienr
I have to dig deeper to understand this. We use wildcards with other Direct Routing SBCs so I am unsure why we can't with 3CX.

Maybe someone from 3CX can shed some light before I go digging?
 
Mh, I tried with a wildcard and it seems to work...
This is news to me, I've actual spoken with people that had a wildcard, didn't work, switched to a non-wildcard and started working.
I'm glad it's working for you, but I would not suggest anyone else try it, we have seen multiple cases where it doesn't work for this reason.
 
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to buy "Microsoft 365 Business Voice" I can't find it in the services I can buy but I'm in one of the 70 countries covered by the service.
I would like to know if the price is lower than phone system license because I need to cover more or less 200 users...
 
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to buy "Microsoft 365 Business Voice" I can't find it in the services I can buy but I'm in one of the 70 countries covered by the service.
Since "Microsoft 365 Business Voice" is a Microsoft product I recommend checking their site for more info instead.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to buy "Microsoft 365 Business Voice" I can't find it in the services I can buy but I'm in one of the 70 countries covered by the service.
I would like to know if the price is lower than phone system license because I need to cover more or less 200 users...
It is not cheaper. Business Voice is 2 licenses combined: Phone System and Audio Conferencing.

If you only need Direct Routing, then Phone System on its own would be cheaper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jeff Koertzen
Hi, I'm trying to understand how to buy "Microsoft 365 Business Voice" I can't find it in the services I can buy but I'm in one of the 70 countries covered by the service.
I would like to know if the price is lower than phone system license because I need to cover more or less 200 users...
see the last part of my post here:
https://www.3cx.com/community/posts/389970/
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi! I finally got the damn dialpad in teams and tried to place my first call. "rejected". Checked the events in 3cx and it never reaches there... meaning, of course, a teams issue. Do you know how to troubleshoot in teams? are there any logs? googled but didn't find much.
 
Hi! I finally got the damn dialpad in teams and tried to place my first call. "rejected". Checked the events in 3cx and it never reaches there... meaning, of course, a teams issue. Do you know how to troubleshoot in teams? are there any logs? googled but didn't find much.
I'd suggest creating a new thread in this category about this.

Before opening a new thread though, enable Verbose logging, then make another call. Right after you get this "rejected" message, check the Dashboard --> Activity Log to see the SIP messages that were exchanged for any clues (e.g. do you see any "603 declined"?).
Also it would be useful to know if you can receive calls from 3CX Clients to Teams, and if the issue is only in the direction of Teams --> 3CX.

Once you know this, you can open the new thread with this information.
 
Hi! I finally got the damn dialpad in teams and tried to place my first call. "rejected". Checked the events in 3cx and it never reaches there... meaning, of course, a teams issue. Do you know how to troubleshoot in teams? are there any logs? googled but didn't find much.
Did you use a valid and not wildcard SSL certificate?
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Did you use a valid and not wildcard SSL certificate?
ohh.. that may be the issue? I'm using a LE certificate because it's a POC. But, if you confirm it's just the certificate, I will go ahead and purchase one for sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I knew it wasn't supported but didn't know that won't work at all.

anyway, regarding the ssl vendor's list.. what's the cheapest so far? again, it's for a POC
 
I knew it wasn't supported but didn't know that won't work at all.

anyway, regarding the ssl vendor's list.. what's the cheapest so far? again, it's for a POC
It's hard to say. You can generate a true one for 3-months or something like that using sites like ssl.com and others. We did that for a 90-days cert and we'll soon buy a 1-year one.

And yeah, Microsoft refuses the connection if the certificate is not to their liking.
 
It's hard to say. You can generate a true one for 3-months or something like that using sites like ssl.com and others. We did that for a 90-days cert and we'll soon buy a 1-year one.

And yeah, Microsoft refuses the connection if the certificate is not to their liking.
I know it may be out of scope and deeply sorry if it is.. but, I'm in ssl.com site and is the basic ssl (cheapest) certificate more than enough or need something extra? and, not so important, I don't see a 3 month certificate in the site.. I only see, at least,1 year. https://www.ssl.com/certificates/basicssl/buy/
 
Well, they removed the public link to that apparently. At 37$/y tho, I'd just buy one.

Anyway, search for "ssl certificate trial" and you'll have some options.

Let me know if you're having trouble.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock