- Joined
- Mar 13, 2023
- Messages
- 21
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi,
Is it possible to use a custom button instead of the existing ones?
Reason is, we already have a button on our web site that we would like to use. It should then, when clicked upon open the chat window floating around, while leaving the button in its original location. Similar to a popup but not a popup.
Don't know if that is possible.
What I did for now, to make this possible, I had to resort to a popup window. My existing button now links to a HTML page (using javascript to open it as popup without menu, correct size, ...). Inside of that HTML page I have the chat HTML code embedded using static parameters.
Finally I copied the JavaScript the chat uses (the last line) to our own server and added this to the style of the button to hide it: visibility:hidden;max-height:0;
A bit hacky, but working.
Saw this as being asked multiple times. But without any guarantees. If the script could have the ability to hide the button entirely would be cool too. However, it would still be a popup.
Andy
Is it possible to use a custom button instead of the existing ones?
Reason is, we already have a button on our web site that we would like to use. It should then, when clicked upon open the chat window floating around, while leaving the button in its original location. Similar to a popup but not a popup.
Don't know if that is possible.
What I did for now, to make this possible, I had to resort to a popup window. My existing button now links to a HTML page (using javascript to open it as popup without menu, correct size, ...). Inside of that HTML page I have the chat HTML code embedded using static parameters.
Finally I copied the JavaScript the chat uses (the last line) to our own server and added this to the style of the button to hide it: visibility:hidden;max-height:0;
A bit hacky, but working.
Andy
Last edited: