Solved V20 Inbound rule for faxes to fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAvoip

Free User
Joined
Dec 12, 2022
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
what are the steps to route incoming faxes to fax server in v20 since there is no longer inbound rules for sending to fax?
 
Last edited:
Your phone number or sip trunk is probably misconfigured.

Are you using a supported SIP provider?
If Yes, What is its name?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
skytel...fax comes in to fax server ext 888 but then quits saying 'no route exists'
 
what are the steps to route incoming faxes to fax server in v20 since there is no longer inbound rules for sending to fax?
Did you get this figured out?
 
Your phone number or sip trunk is probably misconfigured.

Are you using a supported SIP provider?
If Yes, What is its name?
what does using a supported SIP provider have to do with call routing if incoming calls are working fine? just curious
 
Are you doing the routing based on the DID? Is the incoming call following the "default" route? Have you confirmed that the DID number being sent matches the DID rule? Are other DIDs routing correctly?

If you change the destination for this rule, from the fax server to...a standard extension, does that then work?
Do calls to the fax server work internally?
 
I did not
I found that I had to use e.164 format. In my SIPTRUNK config I had to put the other DiD's like +15559991234. Then the routes that are built when you setup the fax extension worked.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OlegR_3CX
How do we do this in v20?
1709924652683.png
 
I figured it out
 
  • Like
Reactions: PDY
you just put the DID on the Fax Server setting and put the email address you want it to go to.
 
In V18 there was option on inbound rules to for Send fax to and there was option to select extension number - and as result it was allowing to have option to assign email address on this extension and send this fax as email to specified email address on extension (a multi fax server option to allow fax to email for different email recipients).
I don't see this option in V20 - most likely customers will stay on v18 or look for other PBX solution.
 
@Omegx Hi there.
Fax to email extension number will be available in one of the next v20 Phonesyem updates.
 
Do you have an ETA for this update ?
We had to rollback or loose customers.
Didn't know it was breaking working features
 
  • Like
Reactions: PDY
I am running V20, self hosted, and cannot get inbound faxing to work. Previously, everything worked great on V18. I have a Grandstreatm HT812 with 2 fax machines setup. I have them setup to send outbound faxes, and the inbound faxes were sent to 888 extension to receive faxes by email.
Since upgrade to V20, I cannot receive any faxes. I have removed the HT812, and setup only the inbound faxing to 888, however all fax calls are answered by my main Digital Receptionist. I have removed and re-added the DIDs for my inbound faxing, yet they still go to my main Receptionist. I reconfigured the HT812 in V20, and tried sending the inbound faxes to the fax machines, and still my main Receptionist answers, not fax machines.
I cannot figure out how to get the calls on my fax DIDs to go to extension 888 or to the Grandstream extensions. I need either to work, as we receive some orders from customers by fax.
Can anyone help or offer any contact for someone who can???
 
  • Like
Reactions: PDY
@ChrisJohnsen
Hi there.
So your trunk is where the PBX comes though, I assume you also have other DID to answer the calls, is the routing for the calls working fine and going to the correct destination?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,141
Messages
590,932
Members
165,157
Latest member
distrimed