On this topic
What is the 3CX Call Flow Designer?
The call flow designer
The 3CX Call Flow Designer allows you to easily create voice applications. Voice applications are programs that interact with the user via the phone and then perform certain logic. For example, you could create a voice application that asks for a caller to input a customer number, which is then verified against a database. Based on this number the call can then be routed to a certain queue. Because the 3CX Call Flow Designer is entirely visual, little telephony or programming knowledge is required.
How does it work?
Using the 3CX Call Flow Designer, you visually create your application. Each application consists of a number of building blocks, called components. For example “Menu”, “Prompt playback” or “User input” are a few of the most common components. Each component has particular configuration options. When you have put together your voice application, it becomes a project. This project is then uploaded to 3CX Phone System. Using a digital receptionist or a DID number you can then “link” to your voice application. In that way, callers can be directed to your application either directly or via a menu. From within voice applications you can link back to call queues, extensions, digital receptionists and so on.
Installing 3CX Call Flow Designer
The 3CX Call Flow Designer has to be installed in a 64 bits Windows machine. The following steps describe how to install it in your computer:
- Run set-up by double-clicking on the set-up file. Click “Next” to start installation.
- Select the installation location and choose to install the application for the current user or every user in the computer. 3CX Call Flow Designer will need a minimum of approximately 15 MB of free hard disk space. You will need to reserve additional space to store projects. Click “Next” to continue.
- Click “Next” to confirm the installation. Setup will now copy all files to the destination folder. To complete the install click “Close”.
The 3CX Call Flow Designer or CFD, uses a number of terms:
- Project – your actual application, composed of callflows, dialers and components.
- Callflow – a particular interaction with a caller, i.e. a group of actions formed by a group of components. For example, asking for a user’s customer number.
- Dialer – a flow to launch outbound calls automatically.
- Components – the basic building blocks of a call flow or dialer, such as play a menu, get user input, accessing a database, and so on. Components are always a part of a callflow, a dialer, or a more complex component.
- Custom Component – You can create custom components with custom functionality.
- See Our Community Forums and obtain user to user support for our products.
- Find configuration guides in the main Support Page.
- Accessing a database from a CFD voice app
- Sending e-mails from a CFD voice app
- How to play a sequence of digits from a 3CX Call Flow Designer voice app
- Creating a Phone Support Portal with the 3CX Call Flow Designer – Part 1, 2, 3, 4
- Routing Calls Based on the Time of Day
- Creating an outbound dialer
- Time-Based Routing without Programming
- Using the Authentication component to validate customers
- Using the Credit Card Component
- Text to Speech with the 3CX Call Flow Designer
- Creating a predictive dialer with the 3CX CFD