This step by step guide describes how to set up a speed dial, system based, using the “Outbound Rules” of 3CX Phone System.
- Open the 3CX Management Console and navigate to Outbound Rules.
- Click on “Add Outbound Rule”.
- Set the Outbound Rule as follows:
- Rule Name: “Speed Dial **01 – (Number)”
- Calls to numbers starting with (Prefix): “**01”
- Calls from Extensions: (use this only if you want to limit the speed dial usage to particular extensions)
- Calls to Numbers with length of: “4”
- Calls From Extension Group: (Use this if you want to limit the speed dial usage to particular extension groups)
- Route 1: Select Voip Provider/PSTN Device
- Strip Digits: “4” (since there are 4 digits in **01)
- Prepend: The number you want to set as Speed Dial
- Press Apply and OK
Repeat the above steps to add more speed dials, incrementing the Prefix by one (eg. **02, **03, etc…)