• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx 18.0 (Build 418) - cant add phones

benf

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
We updated yesterday and today tried to add 2 new phones a Yealink T48 and T46. I know there were some changes , but manual provision doesnt work and SBC doesnt work and STUN doesnt work.

The devices show up fine, and we have all T48/T46 already registered. However, nothing happens once you push the config to the device.

Does anyone know if they can provision phones with the latest update? It's the only thing that has changed in our enviornment in quite sometime.

Ok thanks, I know I saw some info about depreciating phones I did not realize they wouldn't work at all.

Looks like the supported phone list just became alot shorter :)

If you take a look, we included the limitation that they are no compatible with the secure "SSL Transport and Ciphers" setting under Security >> Anti-Hacking
1664278630003.png

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-yealink/

As devices age and receive less or no updates from the manufacturer, they will not be able to keep up with modern secure standards so sooner or later compatibility breaks unfortunately. They can still be used in LAN deployments of course, because provisioning is local and no TLS connection is needed there.

Yeah I found that, to test I turned it off and bounced the 3cx, and phones still will not provision. I will test manually, we are just trying to see what we have to deal with moving forward until we can replace the 400+ devices across clients. Presumably all the devices will work but you cannot make any changes to them either?

I knew when I saw that update i should have postponed it haha

- Anything that is provisioned and working will continue to work since it already has the account/server info loaded so it can register normally.

- Newly added or factory reset ones cannot download the config over TLS, so they stay unprovisioned. Technically, if you load the server/account info on the device manually as per the guide, it will register and work for calls etc (minus phonebook of course which is also over TLS).

Understood , but turning off that TLS1.2 doesn't do anything then? I was under the impression from the thread with Nick while is an unsecured method (tls1.1) you could register devices that way, but that does not seem to be the case at all.

Understood , but turning off that TLS1.2 doesn't do anything then? I was under the impression from the thread with Nick while is an unsecured method (tls1.1) you could register devices that way, but that does not seem to be the case at all.

I did not face this issue, in my case I was able to provision it successfully.

After successful provisioning, it rebooted and it registered just as it did in Update 4 previously.

Perhaps you are facing some other issue?

Phone: T48G running 35.83.0.130
PBX: V18 Update 5 (Build 418)
Method: SBC
SSL/SecureSIP Transport and Ciphers: disabled in management console

Okay thanks, mine is the same setup, I will factory reset the phones , they are sitting in the SBC , maybe I need to restart the SBC after I bounced the 3cx server?

So it should work with that off - I will troubleshoot knowing thats the case!

Try like that and let me know.

T48G
Firmware Version 35.83.0.130
Hardware Version 35.1.0.2.1.0.0
SBC 18.1.36
3CX 18.0U5 (Build 418)

After another factory reset the phone checked in successfully. Thank you for your help!

Im thinking temporarily we will disable TLS1.2 when we need to provision/update phones, then turn it back on afterwards as a temporary solution.

Reactions: JohnS_3CX
That is a secure solution yes.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.