Enter Provisioning URL via the Yealink web interface
Supported Yealink models: T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 VP
For a complete step by step guide to provision the Yealink phones for use with 3CX see the general configuration guides of 3CX at https://www.3cx.com/support.
Ideally you will have the Yealink phones pick up the HTTP(s) server information using the PnP or RPS provisioning method. If this is not possible based on “When can I use which provisioning method?”, you can enter the provisioning information manually in the web UI of the phone using the procedure outlined below:
Configuring the provisioning server via the Yealink web interface:
Step 1: Configure the phone in 3CX
- Obtain the phone’s MAC address.
- From the 3CX Management Console go to the “Phones” node and press “+ Add Phone”.
- From the dropdown list select the extension to which this phone shall be assigned.
- In the next dialog select the Vendor/Model of the phone and enter the device’s MAC address.
- Optional settings include the phone’s “Display Language”, “Time Zone” and, if applicable, the network card interface in case the server has more than one IP address to which the phone shall be configured.
- Copy the “Provisioning Link” shown above for future use and press “OK”.
Step 2: Enter the Information into device’s Web Interface
- Open the Web Interface of the Yealink IP phone and login (default user/password: admin/admin).
- Navigate to “Settings” >> “Auto Provision”.
- Enter your “Provisioning Link” in the section “Server URL”.
- Press “Confirm” and then “Autoprovision Now”.
- It will take up to 2 minutes and the device will reboot.