Extension CID forward Flowroute

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticnab

Customer
Joined
Jun 25, 2022
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello

I am attempting to forward calls from a dummy extension out to a external number.

When forwarding the calls all the inbound calls to the external number show my CID instead of the CID of the calling party.

I see several threads in search that have similar issues but I cannot find the combo of SIP Field settings that allow the CID through


Does anyone have the correct combination for this for Flowroute?
 
IT has been suggested (in another post), for Flowroute, that in the trunk outbound parameters you need to ensure that the Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part uses the variable "OriginatorCallerID"
 
So I applied that setting and every time a call is forwarded it shows as a private number on the receiving end of the external call. I see the correct number in 3CX on the way in. I'm at a loss like @leejor said there are many threads explaining this working but mine will not.
 
Have you looked at the 3CX Activity Log )Verbose) and compared a call with working caller ID (displaying the CID set against an extension), and one where a "private number" is received? It may be that the number (or format) sent, as caller ID, is not acceptable to your provider, and they are intentionally not displaying it.

Does the private number only show on a forwarded call since you changed the trunk parameter?
 
Last edited:
Ok so here is what Flowroute is seeing in and out numbers replaced for privacy

12038675309
- is the caller we want to forward on to a external number

18556889669 - is our company number


Inbound they see to 3CX

From: "[V]+12038675309" <sip:[email protected]>;tag=gK081e99xx


Outbound they see:

From: "[V]+12038675309"<sip:[email protected]>;tag=68122320

On the far end, the cell phone this outbound call is forwarded to sees "Private Number"



Remote Party ID - Calling Party : User Part uses the variable "OriginatorCallerID" --- has no change


Remote Party ID - Called Party : User Part uses the variable "OriginatorCallerID" --- causes "Private Number"



Flowroute is looking into the issue. I'm not sure if the [V] Stir/shaken needs to be stripped. I'm at a loss

But if anyone has and insight I would appreciate it.
 
The issue has been resolved the outbound caller ID settings are appended in a separate section pertaining to outbound rules that the rest of the program and the SIP settings do not respect.

For future reference if anyone has a similar issue this is under
Outbound rules > Trunk Rule > Route > Outbound Caller ID

This completely overrides any other setting in the system CID wise.
 
Yes, any caller ID used in the outbound rules will override any other caller ID. It is normally only used when you want one number to go out for all callers using that route. The feature was added not long ago as people wanted to be able to send the "Main number" instead of a DID, for some calls, or a different number when calls are made to a different areacode/region/country.

You failed to mention that you had put a CID number in the outbound rule.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock