NEW: 3CXPhone Phone for ANDROID WITH TUNNEL 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali_3CX

Staff member
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
2,931
Reaction score
1,158
Hi all

We are pleased to announce a new version for 3CX Phone for Android with embedded 3CX Tunnel (Version 1.3.1)
This version is currently not yet available on the android market
Click on Internet and enter the following download link in your Android phone:
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone.apk


Tips on how to configure 3CX Phone for Android with Tunnel integration:

Plug and Play Phone Provisioning method

1)Install the latest 3CX Phone for Android
2)If you are on the same network you will see an entry in the phones page. right click and add existing extension (or create a new extension)
3)Click on Phone Provisioning, and enable the option "Provision 3CX Phone with Tunnel Enabled for remote connections"
4)Press OK - Your Android phone will automatically provision with 3CX Tunnel option enabled. 3CXPhone for android will register using Tunnel.

Manual 3CXPhone for Android Configuration

1) Edit an existing profile you have or create a new profile and fill in all the basic account settings
2) Click on 3CX Tunnel (BETA) option in account settings
3) Enable the checkbox "Use 3CX Tunnel"
4) Enter the local IP of your 3CX Phone System Server in the Local IP of remote tunnel section.
5) Local Port of Remote tunnel - this is default 5090. If you changed the 3CX Tunnel port on the 3CX Phone System server side then you need to put the updated port number in this field.
6) In the "Password" field enter the 3CX Tunnel Password

3CX Phone System Server Tunnel options can be found if you log in to the 3CX Management console, Settings, Network, 3CX Tunnel tab.


This version also contains a number of Fixes made since the last update
- removed duplicate INVITEs when making or hold-ing calls.
- fixed a crash ocuuring in hold/retrieve call
- proper unregistration when phone exits.
- fixed autoprovisioning of a non-standard PBX SIP port.

Tested and working WITH tunnel on:
- HTC Wildfire S
- HTC Wildfire
- HTC Desire
- Sony Ericsson Xperia U20i
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i
- Motorola Milestone XT720
- Samsung GT-I5800
- Samsung GT-I9000
- Samsung Galaxy S

All tests have been done using WiFi.

Any feedback will be welcome.
Regards
vali
 
Please add opportunity to use default Android System Ringtones!!!

And fix the BUG when 3CX taking over the all Volume Settings on Android. For example, when 3CX is running and I listen to music, then it is imposible to turn music volume up or down. Instead of Music Volume the In-Call Volume will turn up and down.

Best regards.
 
Jackis said:
Please add opportunity to use default Android System Ringtones!!!

And fix the BUG when 3CX taking over the all Volume Settings on Android. For example, when 3CX is running and I listen to music, then it is imposible to turn music volume up or down. Instead of Music Volume the In-Call Volume will turn up and down.
Hi
Please try this
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone1.3.2.apk
and tell me if it meets your demands, also with your Android device and version.
Regards
vali
 
Vali_3CX
Thank you for new release!
This fixes the Volume Bug.

Unfortunately the new 1.3.2 version has new BUG!
I can not recieve the calls: sipgate to sipgate!
Sipgate is very popular VOIP Provider in DE and UK.
Please fix it so soon as posible :)


P.S. What does the new setting: "I am Out of Office" mean?
P.S.S. Can you also explain this settings: "Play Buffer", "Record Buffer".
When I making a call without recording it, is the "Record Buffer" acitve, should I also change it like "Play Buffer"?

Respect!
 
Any new builds of 1.3.2 version with sipgate fix?

Regards!
 
What sipgate fix? We do not make fixes for a VoIP Provider specifically.

Unfortunately the new 1.3.2 version has new BUG!
I can not recieve the calls: sipgate to sipgate!
Sipgate is very popular VOIP Provider in DE and UK.
Please fix it so soon as posible

Check better because we changed nothing in this area. We have no sipgate bugs. If there is a bug, it will affect all VoIP Providers and VoIP Providers work 100% with 3CX Phone for Android.

P.S. What does the new setting: "I am Out of Office" mean?

It means enable it when you are out of the office. When you want to connect to a remote entity. This will load the external server ip address (which has to change to Public Ip Address) and enable stun on.

P.S.S. Can you also explain this settings: "Play Buffer", "Record Buffer".
These are options for recording. They buffer the audio in case there are delays whilst recording/playing to/from Harddisk. Ignore these options for now.

When I making a call without recording it, is the "Record Buffer" acitve, should I also change it like "Play Buffer"?
if there is no recording Record buffer and play buffer are not enabled because recording is not enabled.
 
Vali_3CX said:
Jackis said:
Please add opportunity to use default Android System Ringtones!!!

And fix the BUG when 3CX taking over the all Volume Settings on Android. For example, when 3CX is running and I listen to music, then it is imposible to turn music volume up or down. Instead of Music Volume the In-Call Volume will turn up and down.
Hi
Please try this
http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhone1.3.2.apk
and tell me if it meets your demands, also with your Android device and version.
Regards
vali


Any difference between this version and Version on Market?
Is the Market release a newer build?
 
If you see update in market use that. If you do not see update in market then you have the latest.
 
Please update changelog and links on your site ;)
 
Can you tell us which ones have a problem? I will address them.
 
I have used only the versions 1.3.1. and 1.3.2 from your forum.
I did not tryed the Market version.
 
Hi,

When I use 3CX phone for Android on a Samsung Galaxy S Plus (also known as the I9001) the microphone doesn't work.
Changed a lot of settings in the app and checked the mic settings, but it won't help. Speaker is working fine.
I tryed version 1.3.1 and 1.3.2. (after each call 1.3.2 is crashing also...)
Can somebody help me please?
 
We have made a lot of tests on this phone - It works very well. There must be something wrong.
How do you try to call? Do you have a tunnel connection, normal registration to a pbx, voip provider?

I think there is some intermediary version on your phone.

Delete all profiles you have just to be sure you do not take any corrupt configs.
Uninstall 3CX Phone for Android Completely.
Then go to the google market and download 3CX Phone for Android from there.
Try and create a connection and see if that works.
 
My Phone is Motorola Defy 2.2
Please fix the In-Call/Media Volume Bug.

Regards!
 
Re: NEW: 3CXPhone Phone for ANDROID 1.3.3

Great improvement now it will work over 3G
However, I can't get my head around the 'Office' / 'Home' toggle button.
What is it used for?
I've tried using the phone with both settings and there is no difference.
 
Motorola Xoom has been updated to 3.2 so now the app satys it is not compatible with the Xoom any longer.
 
GDL said:
However, I can't get my head around the 'Office' / 'Home' toggle button.
What is it used for?

It's generally used to switch quickly between network settings required for use outside the office (at home?) and, on the same LAN as the 3CX server. One can be set to use STUN, route to a URL rather than the local IP of 3CX, etc. I have found that it will usually work anywhere with the "outside the LAN" settings, but a lot can depend on the router you happen to be behind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe