• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Running 3CX on hyper-v

Status
Not open for further replies.
bardissi said:
Go to settings, advanced, custom parameters and then in the search box type in the OLD lan ip and see if it shows up anywhere. If it does replace it with the new ip address.

Bardissi - this was the reason why it wasn't working. There are several references to IP address in the custom parameters, some were set to the IP address of the host adapter. Once I changed those and restarted services everything worked fine. We are now 72 hours in to 3CX on a hyper v server and it seems pretty good.

The only other problem I have was after the new 3CX server was up on the hyper v server, I was unable to connect my 3cx phone for windows. I needed to delete my profile and recreate it to get it register. This was only the case for computers who were logged in and connected to the 3cx phone for windows when the switch over took place. All computers that were logged off or turned off at the time were able connect their 3cx windows phone without issue.

Cool! Glad to know that worked.

I would send out a new welcome email and then open the attachment to re-configure 3CX Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.