• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Test Run the New 3CX v15.5 Alpha Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed a new version. IOS client without problems. Android The calls do not come when the program is closed. There Is No Push
Im having the same issue.

Uninstalled and installed again, still not working.

Thank you for this feedback. Maid status codes and wake up calls via web interface in a nutshell?

+ Maid code entry digital receptionist if it isn't there so they can pickup a room phone, dial DR, enter status codes as per previous versions.

15.5. is SP6 in a way yes. Hotel module is in 15.5. Click2Call and VAD will follow later. We can not give exact dates, but VAD will be out reasonably soon in beta.

VAD in Beta ? No idea when a first version will be available?
This is the feature that prevents us from migrating to 3CX

With the web client is possible to have FULL CTI on Dect Phones?

Depends if the DECT units support uCSTA. When they do , it will be automatically supported. Also, we are very advanced with a new cooperation with a leading DECT phone supplier - they dont have uCSTA yet but are implementing it.

VAD in Beta ? No idea when a first version will be available?
This is the feature that prevents us from migrating to 3CX

Development has finished - its integrated and working - we are in testing and documentation mode. Its likely to come as beta as part of 15.5 release version but this can change any moment depending on testing results. If its not ready we cant ship it yet. But its in advanced stages.

Im having the same issue.

Uninstalled and installed again, still not working.
Yes as mentioned above its possible you need the updated android client, we are checking

Thank you for this feedback. Maid status codes and wake up calls via web interface in a nutshell?
Nick, thanks as well.
Wake-up calls booking by hotel staff via web client = Yes
Maid status = using dial code from phone device installed in hotel room (just like v14 does)
wishful request would be if maid status could additionally be included in web client as well, that would be just fantastic! But the dial code from room device is far more important
-- Jakub

Add us to the list waiting for vad...
It's preventing us using V.15
It's preventing us moving PBX to cloud
Something soon pls!

Greeting Nick & 3CX.

Nice work on the rapid improvements and new features.

Question: It appears that spinning up an instance via pbxexpress now only provides 15.5 alpha, and a production release version is no longer available. We've spun up a few instances via pbxexpress for production, but feel uncomfortable doing so if the only available version is an alpha or beta.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Reactions: Nick Galea
The new 3CX web client is pretty spectacular. Good work.
But please keep the standard app-client alive. It's needed for big, busy call centers.

The new 3CX web client is pretty spectacular. Good work.
But please keep the standard app-client alive. It's needed for big, busy call centers.
Absolutely, the softphone functionality will stay there although in time we might also have a webRTC softphone. That said, the native softphones have many advantages for use as phone....

Reactions: comms1
Another piece of functionality that we would find very useful:

1: Can the new web interface add the ability to change the number destinations for "Away" etc?
2: If "1" is possible, can the new web interface prevent end users seeing extensions that are not in their respective Groups as potential destinations to divert to in the various status "Away" etc divert scenarios?

Would really help for small business centre roll outs - makes it multi-tenant with, hopefully, not too much programming?

The forwarding rules settings will be the web client soon indeed.... Not sure about two though - you can hide anyway info from other groups?

Reactions: comms1
Greeting Nick & 3CX.

Nice work on the rapid improvements and new features.

Question: It appears that spinning up an instance via pbxexpress now only provides 15.5 alpha, and a production release version is no longer available. We've spun up a few instances via pbxexpress for production, but feel uncomfortable doing so if the only available version is an alpha or beta.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Yes good point, currently PBX express is only 15.5. I see your point, right now its that way but for future bigger releases we will consider allowing multiple versions....

Yes good point, currently PBX express is only 15.5. I see your point, right now its that way but for future bigger releases we will consider allowing multiple versions....

Thanks Nick.

One more question: Is the current pbxexpress deployment (15.5 alpha or beta) safe to use for spinning up new clients, or, should it be limited to testing only? (Typically, 3CX alpha & beta versions have come with plenty of disclaimers related to not being upgradable to general release versions, etc.) If testing only, that's fine, but it really kills the main benefit of pbxexpress :)

Reactions: sersis01
I Have the same question as above. I am about to start work on a brand new deployment. Am I ok to start testing with this and getting everything setup or am I going to be stuck on updates when it goes full release?

Thanks

15.5 is for testing and evaluation only but you will be able to go to the final release once available via updates.

Is there a way to edit the Welcome email? For some reason the email is sending out a wrong internal web-client IP address. Regardless, only the FQDN web-client address works internally.

Also, will you ever be able to start a group chat via the web-client?

Thanks!

I just want to clarify that there is indeed currently no way for hotel staff to input a wakeup call. I think it would be useful to make a group of phones for the staff, and give them manager permissions. When one of those phones dials the Wake-Up IVR, have the IVR will prompt for extension number first, then will follow the rest of the wake-up call process. Another option could be to function the way the voicemail IVR works, input # first and it will prompt for extension number, then proceed as normal. I can already see frustration from guests and staff on the horizon over this.

I also want to say that substituting the web interface with PMS integration is short sighted. The web interface is universal to every hotel, any hotel we sell a phone system to will already have PMS software purchased, installed and configured, very few clients would be interested in purchasing new software just for phone integration.

Overall pleased with the progress, happy to see that BLFs have numbers next to them now, other minor tweaks here and there as well.

I just want to clarify that there is indeed currently no way for hotel staff to input a wakeup call. I think it would be useful to make a group of phones for the staff, and give them manager permissions. When one of those phones dials the Wake-Up IVR, have the IVR will prompt for extension number first, then will follow the rest of the wake-up call process. Another option could be to function the way the voicemail IVR works, input # first and it will prompt for extension number, then proceed as normal. I can already see frustration from guests and staff on the horizon over this.

I also want to say that substituting the web interface with PMS integration is short sighted. The web interface is universal to every hotel, any hotel we sell a phone system to will already have PMS software purchased, installed and configured, very few clients would be interested in purchasing new software just for phone integration.

Overall pleased with the progress, happy to see that BLFs have numbers next to them now, other minor tweaks here and there as well.

The idea of the PMS integration is that most functions can be done from within the hotel software already installed. With our Fidelio and Mitel emulation we cover a big chunk of the hotel software out there. The version without PMS integration was also rarely sold. That said, we will add the ability to reset an extension (same as check in and check out) as well as schedule a wake up call and set an extension to DND from the web interface in future updates. Then you can group all the rooms in one group and have special rights for that group....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.