• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

WP810

Status
Not open for further replies.

jskinner97

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
132
Reaction score
8
I have around 11 Grandstream WP810s and I cannot get them to work on the SBC - I enter in the IP address of the SBC in the Outbound Proxy such as 192.168.1.40:5090 or 192.168.1.40 and it does not work. The moment I remove the Outbound Proxy it works..... However, I do not feel confident installing 11 phones without an SBC. Is an additional step required?

I do know there is no official 3CX support but I am sure that there are other providers on here who install them? It's the only WiFI phone that we can find...
 
SBC should be entered as "IP:5060", not 5090. That's the port used externally. Also, make sure NAT is set to NO.
 
Or replace with supported IP phones if you want to feel confident installing them
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Hi,

I would have to second what @cobaltit said, the supported ones don't just have a built in templates, they have been tested for compatibility which should provide more confidence overall.
 
The problem with this response is that 3CX still doesn't support a single wifi phone, only DECT.
Wi-Fi voice sucks, so I understand them.

I have a WP810 and half the time it doesn't ring or do what it's supposed to.

As a general rule, I recommend staying away of Grandstream devices not supported by 3CX. Already the supported ones are flacky, unsupported ones is just looking for trouble.

Also, Grandstream isn't the biggeet help nor the fastest to fix bugs in their firmwares.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us