• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved X6U Stun Issues - Persist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC-KVC

Free User
Joined
Sep 3, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
New Install setting up..

Info very similar here...
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/update-prompt.70712/post-312869

remote have verified firewall and all passing
sonicwall NSA240 - (very old)

3CX -
Version Number
18.0.1880

Model: X6U
Hardware: V1.0
Software: 2.4.12

Provision Per:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/fanvil-x3-x5/#h.2xub9hfvs4dw
& Manual Per:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-fanvil/

Doesn't work -
Phone Reboot - user:pass all combinations fail
able to reset phone via reset procedure.
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/factory-reset-fanvil-x-series/#h.j97yzuopypt9

errors in device Log:
W/vcore.cfg.get | The module[][--MDNS Config-- :] does not exist.
W/vcore.cfg.get | The module[][--MDNS Config-- :] does not exist.
I/allPagesDefault_PostHandler: | reboot flag=0, buttontype=33 postValid=1 result=0
I/vcore.ap.phoneFlash | apPhoneFlashStart start
I/vcore.ap.main | apRequestEventProcess !
I/vcore.ap.main | apRequest: sourceType:PhoneFlash, url:https://<fqdn>:5001/provisioning/qw7gfnco6ehs/
I/vcore.ap.phoneFlash | apPhoneFlashStart end
I/vcore.ap.main | apDownloadTask downloadType=device config
I/vcore.mt.main | mtUpdateRequest Start !
I/vcore.mt.main | mtCheckDigestFromUrl: digest is NULL.
W/vcore.cfg.get | The module[][--MDNS Config-- :] does not exist.
I/vcore.mt.cfgUpdate | read error
I/vcore.mt.main | mtUpdateRequest: source=[ap] file=[0c383exxxxxx.cfg] result=error
I/vcore.ap.main | apDownloadTask download result=error
I/vcore.ap.main | apTaskCenter: sourceType=PhoneFlash,commonCfgDownloadResult=no result,deviceCfgDownloadResult=error
I/vcore.ap.main | apModuleDownloadStart: type=[0]
I/vcore.ap.main | apNeedRebootGet: flag=[0].
W/vcore.pfm.smsDb | smsSearch: num==0
I/vcore.tm.sntp | Get SNTP Time failed.

--- Manually get cfg file from webpage ---

upload cfg file -
user:pass now same as 3CX Says
reboot to finish applying config - sip reg was failing.

comes back online - not getting LLDP - not enabled in config - will re-enable and retest that...
comes back with vlan1 IP - hits "Update Prompt"

enter Ext
and VM PIN
phone is now registered and able to make calls.

----
Testing now with phone getting on proper vlan ...
LLDP enabled still not getting properl vlan IP - will update once I get some full resets done on the phone and see if its working correctly after that.
---
 
Hi,

Let's see if we can sort this out:

1. Did you install the Hotfix that has appeared in your management console? (Important!)

2. Did you management console show in the Event Log that RPS was successful?
1633519810038.png

3. If you factory reset the phone now, does it ask for a User / Pass on its screen if you let it sit for 1-2 mins?
 
Turned out the voice vlan config was more the issue on remote network.

Duplicate of remote PBX vlan (110) and same IP structure - thought was issue..wasn't

Will update shortly, completely my fault...


Hotfix saw that - wasn't applied yet on this system - good to know.
- Is now applied -

Brings up a separate question..
if I have full control of my domains - can I do a LE Cert via normal Certbot with my own domain?
voice.domain.com?- sure I can just havent seen much on it.


Issue in some detail..

PBX VLAN 110 (ip 192.168.110.X) > Public Inet > OpnSense > Voice VLAN (via LLDP) > Device

---
Testing the issue
used another phone T42G working to another Remote PBX v16 front Default VLAN
Switch Port wasn't setup for voice vlan so lldp didn't switch it over to vlan 110 .

This phone connected fine..
Switched port have voice vlan 110 available - and phone switched to vlan 110 but sip couldn't register all of a sudden.. ahhh.... This was first sign - Was ALL MY ISSUE...

Duplicate VLAN? - Reworked vlan and IP structure changed vlan to 111 and ip structure to match.
and set voice to 111 and ports updated...
same issue...

-----
Finally ----
Firewall rules...

simply put there wasn't any allow rules for the voice vlan to get across the inet..

it might get some small traffic then it would get cut off..
so the cfg might partially come in ,,, but gets cut....
not sure of the detail of exact why but symptom was similar...

manually putting the cfg into phone helped but account still would not register - LLDP disabled on the phone and back to vlan 1 - sip registered correctly...

odd that it still asked for the sign in...

------------------
Current test now..

factory reset - now that firewall rules are added and traffic appears to be working phone > stun PBX
able to make / test calls typically 800 to IVR for test verifies for me

but some outbound calls also tested over (test flowroute trunk also good)

-------------
ReTest after all verified working above ...


Model: X6U
Hardware: V1.0
Software: 2.4.12

logged into phone perform factory reset Fanvil X6U > System > Configurations > Reset > ok to factory reset.

phone reboots > lldp places on correct vlan 111 >
phone boot > still showing 3cx logo > Initial startup - Language but bounces to Update Prompt - > return > english selected.
status > no sip accounts
login vi http gui > default user:pass > static provisioning server still set to 3cx

<server>:5001
rps/$mac.cfg
https
update interval 1
Update after reboot
thought that is odd for factory reset > forcing those out..
System > Config..s> clear configuration Move all items to Content to Reset > clear > Reboot

phone booting - Still getting 3cx logo during boot - and "Update Prompt)
checking config again....
autoprovision lines still there not cleared...
re-loading 3cx firmware

System > Upgrade > x6u_2.4.12.z > upgrade

3CX Logo and colors > Still has Update Prompt >
still has provisioning server data...

grrrrr.......

manually updating provisioning items in config

Display Provision Prompt: Disable all Provision Prompt

System > Auto Provision >
Basic > Display Provision Prompt: Disable all Provision Prompt

Static Provisioning Server:
https://<server>:5001/provisioning/xyzxyzxyz
<blank>
https
1
on reboot

phone reboots...
no prompt > and sip registers and line working...

------

Fanvil Firmware not resetting to factory is curious, but now that its provisioning correctly....Im pretty good..

----
 
Good troubleshooting, sounds like you got things under control :cool:

The phone can still pull 3CX config on startup if you have DHCP Option 66 on your network (would explain why config was there after reset/reboot). The only other place it can pull it is if you enter extensions+pin when asked during startup.

Holding # during boot then dialling *#168 while in POST mode should definitely clear out anything on the system flash https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/factory-reset-fanvil-x-series/
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us