This guide shows you how to manually configure the snom 7 series for 3CX Phone System, which includes the snom 710, 720, 760 IP phones. The 3CX Team tested this guide with the latest firmware versions supported by 3CX Phone System 14.0 and 12.5. Some phone models may only be available in the latest versions of the 3CX Phone System. Please note that different snom firmware revisions may have different web interface formats and functionality.
The preferred method to configure a snom 710, 720, 760 IP phone is via Auto Provisioning or check out the guide on how to manually provision your snom 7 series phones.
Manually Configuring the snom 710, 720, 760 IP Phone Series to Register with 3CX Phone System
- Start up the phone and identify its IP address by pressing the Help or press the number 7 button. In this guide, we’ll assume that the IP address of the snom phone is 10.0.0.114, and IP address of the machine that 3CX Phone System is installed on is 10.0.0.11
- Point your browser to the web interface of the phone: http://10.0.0.114
- We now need to set the the snom 710, 720, 760 phone to register with 3CX Phone System. To do this, go to the Setup > Identity 1 page and in the Login tab:
- Set the Identity Active field to on
- Set the Displayname field to the name you want to appear on the snom 7 series display
- The Account field assigns an extention to the phone
- Set the Password field to the extension’s Authentication Password
- Set the Registrar field to the IP address of the 3CX Phone System machine – in this example it’s 10.0.0.11. If you would like to specify the FQDN of the 3CX Phone System machine instead of the IP address, check out this FQDN blog post
- f. Set the Authentication Name field to the extension’s Authentication ID
- Set the Mailbox field to your system’s special voicemail extension number. In a 3-digit installation, the default is 999. You can check the correct value from the Settings > General page in the 3CX Management Console
- We now need to adjust the audio parameters on our snom 7 series IP phone. To do this, click on the RTP tab and set the RTP Encryption field to off
- Click the Save button and then click the Reboot button that appears at the top of the page. Your snom 710, 720, 760 will restart. After your phone has rebooted itself, it will retrieve its configuration files and register with 3CX Phone System. You can verify if your snom 7 series phone has registered with 3CX Phone System via the Extension Status page within the 3CX Management Console.
Configuring the BLF Keys (Including the Optional snom Expansion Module) on Your snom 7 Series IP Phone
If you want to monitor the status of other extensions on your PBX, you can manually configure the snom 710, 720, 760 function keys, including the expansion module by following the below steps.
- Go to Setup > Function Keys
- For each button on the extension module, configure an extension to be monitored by setting in the P1 row (for example):
- The first field to Active
- The second field to “BLF
- The third field to:
The xxx is the extension number that you wan to monitor whilst the yyy is the IP address of the 3CX Phone System machine. Therefore, if you want a BLF key to monitor the status of extension number 120, and the IP address of the 3CX Phone System machine is 10.0.0.11, the settings would be: <sip:email@example.com;user=phone> |*20* – Please note that the *20* is the call pickup code. You can check the correct value from the Dial Codes tab in the Settings > Advanced page
- Once you’ve entered all the necessary info, click the Save button at the bottom of the page and then click the Reboot button, which is also at the top of the page. Your snom 710, 720, 760 IP phone will restart. Once it’s rebooted itself, the phone will register with the 3CX Phone System and you’ll have your BLF keys enabled.