The 3CX App for Windows
On this topic
Installing and Configuring the 3CX App for Windows
Download, install and configure the 3CX App for Windows (64-bit) versions 7+ (.Net 4.5.2 & Visual C++ required):
Note: The 3CX Welcome Email is sent to you when your extension is created and can be resent by your system administrator.
Getting Started With the 3CX App for Windows
The 3CX app can be used in either “Softphone Mode” or “CTI Mode” - if you have a deskphone:
- Softphone Mode - make and receive calls on your computer without using a deskphone.
- CTI Mode - a deskphone is required for the app to manage your calls from the desktop, see the list of supported deskphones.
The 3CX App At A Glance
The 3CX app’s functions enable you to efficiently manage calls, contacts, conferencing and more:
Managing your Communication
The 3CX App enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” - see your colleagues’ status and click on the name to call.
- “Voicemail” - access your voicemail. Further customize your Voicemail options using the Web Client.
- “Chat” - exchange messages with your colleagues.
- “WebMeeting” - start a web meeting session and talk face-to-face with colleagues and contacts while at your desk.
- “Conference” - start or schedule audio and video conferences with your colleagues and contacts.
To transfer an active call click “Transfer” or “Att.Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and click on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, click “Call” to announce the call before clicking “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, click on your current status below your profile to open the “Status” menu and select:
To further customize your status and forwarding options, use the 3CX Web Client.
You can personalize your 3CX app by clicking on “Settings” to listen to call recordings, set your audio and video options, set your forwarding rules or change the app’s theme. Configure the below options amongst others:
- “Call Forwarding” - configure your forwarding rules. Use the 3CX Web Client to further configure forwarding rules and exceptions.
- “Configure Accounts” - select the default account to use, edit, activate and switch between accounts.
- “Audio Options” - configure advanced audio options and device settings.
- “Video Options” - configure video options and device settings.
- “Hot Keys” - configure pre-defined keyboard shortcuts to control your 3CX app, i.e. press Alt + A to answer a call. For more info see Configuring Hot Keys & BLFs.
- “Advanced Settings” - customize the 3CX App’s “Behavior”, “Language”, and “Integration” options.
- “Themes” - choose between the Black, White, 3CX Grey or Default themes and set your own custom app header image.
- “Import Contacts” - import contacts from integrated accounts such as Office 365 or Google.