This guide has been tested for RelayFax 7.0. Be aware that previous versions CANNOT work with 3CX PhoneSystem. Note also that more recent versions may have different interface formats and functionality.
Configuring a Fax Extension on 3CX PhoneSystem
- On the 3CX Management Console, go to the “Fax Machines” node and click the “Add Fax Extension” button.
- Typically there is no need to adjust the default values, but you may customize any of the fields presented:
- Fax Extension Number (for this example “889”).
- Fax Extension Authentication ID (for this example “id889”).
- Fax Extension Authentication Password (for this example “pw889”).
- Click on the “OK” button at the bottom of the page
Configuring RelayFax to Register with 3CX PhoneSystem
- Start the RelayFax Management Console.
- To create a fax server, in the left-hand side options list, double-click on “Fax devices” > “Manual add”:
- Set the “Model type” field to “SIP (T.38) Channel”.
- Set the “Modem Description” field to “3CX Fax Machine”.
- Click “OK”.
- To configure the fax server, double-click on “Fax devices” > “3CX Fax Machine”.
- In the “Fax Device” window, click on “SIP Account” and configure the SIP Settings as follows:
- Set the “Server” field to the private IP Address as the 3CX PhoneSystem machine (in this example “10.0.0.11”). Note that the RelayFax machine and the 3CX PhoneSystem machine must be inside the same Local Subnet.
- Set the “Account” field to the Fax Extension Number (in this example “889”).
- Set the “Username” field to the Fax Extension Authentication ID (in this example “id889”).
- Set the “Password” field to the Fax Extension Authentication Password (in this example “pw889”).
- Set the “IP Address” field to the IP Address of the RelayFax machine (in this example “10.0.0.171”). Note that the RelayFax machine must be assigned a STATIC Private IP Address.
- Click “OK”.
Your fax server will register with 3CX PhoneSystem. You can confirm this from the RelayFax “System” page:
and also from the 3CX Management Console “System Extensions” page: