• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

15.5 Update 1 (SP1) - Available Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are having a major issue since the update!! Not deployed but still in rollout thank god!! The Yealink T2X phones (what we are deploying) are now turning off LLDP after reboot with new version installed. When we look at the config file it shows that setting is now off. This will cause major headaches if this happens when 600 phones are deployed. Any insight would be helpful.

We encountered this as well. We updated to 15.5 SP1 and then updated the config on the phones. After that the phones then get set on our data subnet. If we use the settings that have been added to the phone provisioning tab in the management console the phone will reboot and just sit on obtaining an IP. Note that we haven't enabled option 132 on our network or disabled LLDP on our switches as we are using Cisco Small Business switches that support Auto Voice VLAN. Our fix was to copy the config file and edit the line to leave LLDP enabled and then reprovision the phones. This was enabled on the default template before and after the update it became disabled, the comment line even states that the default is enabled.

Yealink has this feature enabled by default and when we factory reset phones all functions properly until we provision with the default template in 3CX now.

Reactions: nb
Hey there,
just updated our 3CX to this Version.
Why don't I see the new customizeable IP Phone Provisioning Options? We are using Yealink T48G.
Does this not work if one got modified Templates? (We need some slight modifications - as one can not adjust Dial Now Rules and some other Config Options within 3CX ...)
thx
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner
You will need to create a new custom template based off the default SP1 template.
There are added lines to the default template that control the new feature fields.

We are having a major issue since the update!! Not deployed but still in rollout thank god!! The Yealink T2X phones (what we are deploying) are now turning off LLDP after reboot with new version installed. When we look at the config file it shows that setting is now off. This will cause major headaches if this happens when 600 phones are deployed. Any insight would be helpful.
Have you figured out anything with this?

We looked at the Yealink templates and all of the have the LLDP setting turned off. We edited the templates and turned it back on. Then reprovisioned the phone and it put the phones back on the proper VLAN. I hope 3CX re-enables the LLDP setting to the default of ON in a future update!!. I was super excited that the new settings we have for the phones I hope more are to come soon.

Is there a way to default the settings within provisioning the phone using the GUI with the new settings (vlan settings, display date, etc). We normally set this via custom template. My concern is that now in SP1, someone when configuring the phone will forget to set them and not provision the phone correctly. Are the settings defaulted somewhere in the custom settings?

--Tracy

Reactions: Joe W and Robert B.
One minor thing we noticed that could be nice.
SP1 gave you the ability from the "Phones" tab to edit a extension. But you cannot select multiple extensions and click edit. The button grays out. From the "Extensions" tab you can select multiple end edit.

This ability would be nice for example. Setting consistent BLF keys between extensions with like models.
You could search for all phones "T46"
Select all the T46 models and edit at once to set the DSS key layout for that specific model.

Where as from the Extensions tab you do know know which extensions have the T46 vs other models.

Either way, the edit ability from the Phones tab is a nice addition :)

Reactions: kcyuen and nb
Installed the update on a Demo Server. When provisioning a T46G, the lines now don't show up. It only affects non-custom templates.

Anyone else had that problem?

Hi nnakao,
In 15.5 Update 1 (SP1) the line keys are configurable. You can select any number of lines that you want to have.
You can do this from the BLF configuration tab of the appropriate extension.

Very cool improvements - awesome phone provisioning stuff. Question and concern on Webclient features:

How does a user set a reminder call for themselves in the webclient? We can set for any other users but not for our own ext?

Can these new webclient features be disabled per user/group? While convenient for a manager to be able set a reminder call, or assign/clear the ext data, this is NOT something that should be able to be done by all users - this will allow prank calls, and enables any user to clear another valid user's extension data - yikes! Will there be rights enabled to control access? Or perhaps PIN control?

Reminder for yourself - not possible. We will consider.
Webclient features will be moved to a separate right in SP2 where you can enable and disable per user / group. This is already in the development pipeline. Don't worry about this. In sp2 it will be a separate right.

Installed the update on a Demo Server. When provisioning a T46G, the lines now don't show up. It only affects non-custom templates.

Anyone else had that problem?

But did you configure lines? They should show up because it was tested many times.

Why you need LLDP on? Yes We are switching this off. It is done by design. Do you need this on?
The phones from the factory had this on for some reason and now we REMOVED this unnecessary traffic.

One minor thing we noticed that could be nice.
SP1 gave you the ability from the "Phones" tab to edit a extension. But you cannot select multiple extensions and click edit. The button grays out. From the "Extensions" tab you can select multiple end edit.

This ability would be nice for example. Setting consistent BLF keys between extensions with like models.
You could search for all phones "T46"
Select all the T46 models and edit at once to set the DSS key layout for that specific model.

Where as from the Extensions tab you do know know which extensions have the T46 vs other models.

Either way, the edit ability from the Phones tab is a nice addition :)

Point taken - thanks for the feedback

Hello,

I did the update on yesterday and everthings works! But I have two questions/issues:

1) How can I change the default behavior of the transfer button?

2) If I change the "default ring tone" on my snom phones, only the ring tone for internal calls is change.
For external calls all phones use "ringer1". How can I change the ring tone for external calls?

Thanks in advance,
RP.

Hello,

I did the update on yesterday and everthings works! But I have two questions/issues:

1) How can I change the default behavior of the transfer button?

2) If I change the "default ring tone" on my snom phones, only the ring tone for internal calls is change.
For external calls all phones use "ringer1". How can I change the ring tone for external calls?

Thanks in advance,
RP.

1) For SNOM phones? you cannot. thats why its not exposed in the interface. to toggle between transfer method you have to use different key presses - Example dial number, Treansfer send or dial number, then line then transfer.

2) We are working on this - Will come when "Alert info" is implemented. For now you have to do it manually.

How does one go about seeing the room status in 3CX as a result of using a maid code for hotels? The V14 users could see this in the hotel module, but I have not been able to locate same in the SP1 Beta or release. There are still stand-alone hotels that do not use the PMS and even those that do use the PMS, may not always have connectivity to the PMS system.

Yes this part was removed. If you want to see maid codes and their status, then you should see this in the PMS interface.

We encountered this as well. We updated to 15.5 SP1 and then updated the config on the phones. After that the phones then get set on our data subnet. If we use the settings that have been added to the phone provisioning tab in the management console the phone will reboot and just sit on obtaining an IP. Note that we haven't enabled option 132 on our network or disabled LLDP on our switches as we are using Cisco Small Business switches that support Auto Voice VLAN. Our fix was to copy the config file and edit the line to leave LLDP enabled and then reprovision the phones. This was enabled on the default template before and after the update it became disabled, the comment line even states that the default is enabled.

Yealink has this feature enabled by default and when we factory reset phones all functions properly until we provision with the default template in 3CX now.

Interesting... So you have Cisco material and then phones dont get an ip address.
point taken - we will see why we disabled it and enable it again.
Actually we can make a quick fix.. We can enable it and upload a new template and you will see a new update - take it and reprovision. LLDP will be enabled.

Reactions: jj1
Why you need LLDP on? Yes We are switching this off. It is done by design. Do you need this on?
The phones from the factory had this on for some reason and now we REMOVED this unnecessary traffic.

I take this comment back.. LLDP seems to be an integral part in how IP Addressing can be obtained WHEN YOU HAVE CISCO DEVICES in your network...

We can quickly enable the option and issue another release of the template. Let me check and see why we disabled it. I think it caused some issues in VLAN.. Let me check and get back to you.

The reason we disabled LLDP is because of VLAN

Customers with option 132 enabled, had the network conflicts.

We are going to do the following:
Enable LLDP
Upload a new template
Download and re-provision.

Interesting... So you have Cisco material and then phones dont get an ip address.
point taken - we will see why we disabled it and enable it again.
Actually we can make a quick fix.. We can enable it and upload a new template and you will see a new update - take it and reprovision. LLDP will be enabled.

Check for a template update in the next hour or so

Ran into this issue as well. If we download the new template will it automatically apply or do we need to manually set the vlan on the wan port of the phones? We are using HP switches which uses Auto Voice VLAN which I am assuming uses LLDP as well.

We use LLDP on non-cisco switches. It allows you to access the extended information about all devices connected to the switch so when you use a network topology tool you can quickly see the devices that are connected to the endpoints. The switches also make smart decisions based upon the information returned using LLDP - e.g. whether to run as an edge or trunk port for RSTP, VLAN and priority provisioning, connected device name etc.

Most larger networks will make use of LLDP/CDP for their system maps and auto provisioning on newer equipment I would suggest.

Reactions: Daniel Lent and nb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.