• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX v15.5 Update 2 Brings QR Codes, Hotdesking, CRM Integration and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SMTP settings are set to to 3CX SMTP (I cannot change it), but when I want to send a Welcome Mail, nothing arrives.
Is there a certain port (and/or ip-address) that you use for this, that I need to open?

Click on the test button - what is the error you get?

Is the hotdesking feature only available in the pro and ent versions?

Reactions: nb
Will the Hot Desking feature support the Snom D725 as its not currently in the list?

We don't know yet - its a new phone. in the last test we made it failed. So we did not add it.

For all users reading this post about hotdesking.

Not all Supported Phones are automatically added to hotdesking. Not all models will hotdesk. It's just how the situation is. We will try to put as many phones as we can to support hotdesking, but there are external factors that influence this - example the firmware, the date the phone was released, whether we need the manufacturer or not etc etc..

I don't get an error

OK so you get no error? Do you get green ok?
if yes then go through the basic checks - spam etc - no one is complaining at the moment.

OK so you get no error? Do you get green ok?
if yes then go through the basic checks - spam etc - no one is complaining at the moment.

No, sorry it looks af if nothing is going on.
Can I look via 'Terminal' if there is an error?

No, sorry it looks af if nothing is going on.
Can I look via 'Terminal' if there is an error?

Can you be clear
When you press TEST what happens?
Terminal will not help you. If you want to do something, start wireshark and press test and then after some time, stop wireshark and check whats happening.

Can you be clear
When you press TEST what happens?
Terminal will not help you. If you want to do something, start wireshark and press test and then after some time, stop wireshark and check whats happening.
I'll try wireshark, because nothing happens when I press test.

I'll try wireshark, because nothing happens when I press test.
chrome F12 dev tools.
Clear cache, try another browser, try another email account, try another email service - example when someone performs login and logout of the management console. Do you get the email? or leave a voicemail to someone and set the vmail delivery options to send an email. Do you get this email?

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 (Gateway Time-out)
I think this is a NGINX error

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 504 (Gateway Time-out)
I think this is a NGINX error

Restart all services. and try again
Clear cache
OK - Open a support ticket because this is something on your side.

Nicky:

I think it would make a lot of sense to post a matrix depicting what features are available for each supported phone. This may get confusing as most people think that a supported phone would include all of the features.

--Tracy

We don't know yet - its a new phone. in the last test we made it failed. So we did not add it.

For all users reading this post about hotdesking.

Not all Supported Phones are automatically added to hotdesking. Not all models will hotdesk. It's just how the situation is. We will try to put as many phones as we can to support hotdesking, but there are external factors that influence this - example the firmware, the date the phone was released, whether we need the manufacturer or not etc etc..

Reactions: Greg1122
I mean you can do this with active directory. They login to the pc and use their phone.
But natively in the client it will never be done - this is old fashioned. Use the webclient to login.

I would think they would use terminal server in these locations, Then you can sit anywhere and login with your own account. If needed and the terminal servers are situated locally or on a high end connection, even streaming sound is possible.

I see hotdesking doesn't support fanvil phones (X5 series). Will this be added as i see it is a compatible phone and on their website they mention the phones both the X5g and the X5s support hotdesking.

--Tracy
Would also like to know if Fanvil phones will be supported for hotdesking.

Would also like to know if Fanvil phones will be supported for hotdesking.

I believe it was mentioned earlier 3CX is working with Fanvil on this and it requires Fanvil to make a firmware that doesn't require the phone to reboot when it gets receives a new configuration file.

Hello all,

Liking most the new features of this service pack so far, however is it just me or is the webclient schedule conference option gone back a step by using just calendars??
Currently our client uses the Add Participants option which allows typing of an email address but more importantly is able to select from every local user in the company including all their bridged sites! If I upgrade them they will loose this feature and doubt they will be very happy.

Would it be possible to have both the new features set and Add Participants options on the final release???

This update has alot of work of behind it. Thanks everyone at 3cx for putting this kind of work into your product. Its a big factor in us going exclusive with 3cx.

Hi 3CX Team,

I have updated and tested the hotdesking functions too. I am able to log in and out of the phone.
However, when I use my CTI client to call, for example one of my colleagues, I can see *77*5* be dialed on the physical phone and it logs out my extension.

With the WEB client, I do not have this issue.
I've updated everything to the latest versions. and factory reset my phone so that is not an issue.

Has anyone here encountered a same problem?

Hi 3CX Team,

I have updated and tested the hotdesking functions too. I am able to log in and out of the phone.
However, when I use my CTI client to call, for example one of my colleagues, I can see *77*5* be dialed on the physical phone and it logs out my extension.

With the WEB client, I do not have this issue.
I've updated everything to the latest versions. and factory reset my phone so that is not an issue.

Has anyone here encountered a same problem?

https://www.3cx.com/docs/hot-desking/ will give you the that this expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.