• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Consideration Disable Queue toggle (Login/Logout) Option in 3CX Client

Manoj Perera

Reaction score
Call center supervisors do not let agents to change the queue once the agents assigned to queues.
Queue toggle (login/logout) option in 3CX phone client should be an admin privileged option.So user should not be able to change or logout from queue without supervisor/admin permissions.This is a mandatory requirement in call center operations.

Even a basic call center solution support this access controlling feature where supervisor/admin has control on queue operations. With 3CX client, agents can change the queue as per their preferences and even they can easily logout from queue via just one click on queue toggle button. Even this can be happen mistakenly. For large call centers, its is not possible for supervisors to strictly monitor agent queue status by agent by agent.

Upvote 257
+1 For This. This is a needed optional feature for us.

The 'explicit' login/logout for queues is very confusing. At the very least have an option that disallows users from being able to explicitly login/logout from individual queues as this 'feature' is confusing and users sometimes don't realize how it works. Just have the single 'Q' button that logs in/logs out from all queues. Regular users can understand that.

We have many queues and we have to click through each queue to ensure that no users have 'explicitly' logged themselves out.

Even better would be an optional feature to disallow users from logging in/out from queues at all.

Another vote for this feature.

REALLY need this feature !!

Yes this would be a good addition

if there are a static/dynamic agent feature will be nice

Nice idea. Good job. We have discussed this internally and we will add it.

Another vote for this feature.++

+1 Bump.. this is a basic CC requirement

Any idea when this will be implimented?

+ 1

+1
This is a must

All the current options of managing availability (Global Queue, Explicit Queue, Availability Status) makes things more complex then they should be. If this availability system is hard for me to understand (a lot of time spent scanning these forums) many of our agents are going to have a really hard time understanding it too. Which makes the complexity useless if people don't understand how it all works together (which seems to be the case for a lot of people).

Anyone of the following would be greatly appreciated:

1) Disallow ability for agents to log out of individual Queues. Agents don't have access to their ability to sign out of individual queues.

2) Just an all or nothing on/off Queue button that logs in/out of ALL queues (ignoring 'explicit' rules). Its very misleading when an agent can see the signed in blue 'Q' button but if they have explicitly logged out in the past of individual queues they won't realize that -unless they remember to scroll through all the queues to check (this is the most frustrating part of this for me!). A large amount of people don't understand the 'Explicit' Queue rule or have no idea it exists.

3) Any other method or fix that can prevent me from having to scroll through all of our queues each day multiple times to make sure everyone is explicitly logged in (in case someone forgets to sign back in to a queue, mistakingly signs out of a queue, or has intentionally signed out of a queue to get out of taking calls).

Its kind of frustrating for me as the designer of our call flow. I put agents into queues because I want them to answer calls in those queues. With more users it gets harder and harder to ensure that everyone is 'explicitly' logged in to all of their individual queues. I get why some companies would want this behaviour for their employees but this complexity should be an option not the default.

I just think there are too many moving parts for the average user:
- User Status (which can or cannot be tied to Global Queue status)
- Global Queue Status
- Individual Explicit Queue Status (which, confoundingly, is in no way tied to Global Queue status)

it would be nice if there was the option for just using 1 of these; User status:
Available = Available Everywhere
Unavailable = Unavailable everywhere.

Let the admin define where 'everywhere' is for each user, not the user. That would be way easier to explain to users and to manage.

Thanks for your time!

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.