• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DND BLF not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah heaps! Why's that?

so where are we at with this one?

The Yealink T48S phone certainly has the ability to show DND under a persons name (onscreen BLF) and the "BLF" flashes non stop. I know this as I have a phone 2 inches away from me doing this right now.

That phone however is not currently tied into a 3CX install and provisioning was done by hand.

Can I ask how the phone is being placed on DND? Softkey or dial code?

If softkey (phone based), probably going to be best to update template to also send PBX DND at the same time.
If dialcode (PBX based), I would have thought this would be native already. If not, this is probably a bigger issue requiring a patch from 3CX.

I'm not really at liberty to test this and find out what needs to be done to the config on the one T48S I have here. However, I'd ask you grab a T48S, do a dialcode DND, see what happens.

IMAG2645.jpg Thanks very much @SweetAction

I have just provisioned two T48S phones, upgraded the firmware to the current supported by 3CX (66.83.0.20) as per this site: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/.

Running 3CX version 15.5.15502.6 on Debian 9.

Please see attached image - you can see that the phone on the right has been set to DND by pressing the DND on the touchscreen. You can see the web client showing that 1 Boutique 490 is set to DND but the phone on the left is not showing this in the BLF on the screen.

Setting BLF by using the dial codes didn't provide any different results apart from it didn't show on the screen that DND was enabled. It also doesn't show on the web client that DND is enabled when using the dial codes.

Last edited:
Please note that you need a 3CX client to monitor an extensions status in 3CX. This is because the update is only done through presence. Since only 3CX clients read presence you can only do this through a client.

Isn't that something coming up in the next yealink firmware release V84:
blf.enhanced.dnd.enable = 1
blf.enhanced.dnd.led = $LEDg1000o$

Please note that you need a 3CX client to monitor an extensions status in 3CX. This is because the update is only done through presence. Since only 3CX clients read presence you can only do this through a client.
Other people have claimed that they managed to get it to work, and surely it's possible, considering it's a basic feature of any phone system. It was a feature long before "presence" or unified communications.

Isn't that something coming up in the next yealink firmware release V84:
blf.enhanced.dnd.enable = 1
blf.enhanced.dnd.led = $LEDg1000o$
Can we take advantage of this "new" feature now? Or is it still in development? When is it due to be released? No doubt 3CX would report the new firmware to be "unsupported" for at least 12 months after its release.

View attachment 8757 Thanks very much @SweetAction

I have just provisioned two T48S phones, upgraded the firmware to the current supported by 3CX (66.83.0.20) as per this site: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/.

Running 3CX version 15.5.15502.6 on Debian 9.

Please see attached image - you can see that the phone on the right has been set to DND by pressing the DND on the touchscreen. You can see the web client showing that 1 Boutique 490 is set to DND but the phone on the left is not showing this in the BLF on the screen.

Setting BLF by using the dial codes didn't provide any different results apart from it didn't show on the screen that DND was enabled. It also doesn't show on the web client that DND is enabled when using the dial codes.
That answers the question then. PBX will need a function update for DND status to be displayed via BLF. Sounds like 3CX built their own "Presence" instead of using industry standards that Yealink would be able to display.

Alternatively, you could ask Yealink if they would be willing to write firmware that can read 3CX presence.

I was hoping that 3CX dial code would set PBX status to DND in a standard way, but turns out it does not. Re-programming the DND button to send a dial code is easy from there.

Last edited:
@Peter Richardson

I dug by T48 out and it's been sitting on the bench for a week. I'll do some testing tomorrow.

@Peter Richardson I wish I had better news but I think it's going to be something where we have to wait for 3CX/Yealink. I know on Asterisk you have to enable device hints/devstate and it looks like 3CX doesn't have that or at least not anything I can find. I swear I used to see the status update on my T48 when I used it back in the day (I'm soft phone only now) so I'm not sure what changed but I haven't been able to get the phone to show DND status on the BLF. Same thing on a Snom 760 so it's not just a Yealink thing. And apparently it's been this way since v12. So either i'm thinking v11 behavior or I just always had the client (MyPhone back then) open and I'm transposing the two.

Wow, so this has been an issue for 4.5 years now. Surely there's a way! Do you think it's complicated? Or would it just be a matter of the phone sending a status update / presence update to 3CX? Didn't someone in this thread already confirm that it's supported by Yealink?

The usual answer I see is that BLF is just that - "BUSY" lamp.
I, and all my colleagues, agree that the phone needs to be able to show this...
(we are on Grandstream devices)
3cx - please - help us out and work with the manufacturers.

I think it's something that many people have raised and will keep raising. 3CX Staff, any idea if this will be fixed in the next release?

I think it's something that many people have raised and will keep raising. 3CX Staff, any idea if this will be fixed in the next release?
I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicolasAunixo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.