• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved External Ringer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the SBC work with other sets at that location?

The places to look would be...the 3CX Activity Log to see if there is a registration attempt.

Set up a local PC running a Syslog programme https://www.kiwisyslog.com/ and then enable syslog on the SPA. That would show you what is happening internally.

I haven't had a need to use an SBC at this point, so I'm not the best on manual configurations, set to work with them.

Does the SBC work with other sets at that location?

The places to look would be...the 3CX Activity Log to see if there is a registration attempt.

Set up a local PC running a Syslog programme https://www.kiwisyslog.com/ and then enable syslog on the SPA. That would show you what is happening internally.

I haven't had a need to use an SBC at this point, so I'm not the best on manual configurations, set to work with them.

Thanks for the help. I set the ATA to use wireshark at the syslog.

Saw it was getting to the server but not registering because '404 User unknown', turns out I had the put the Auth ID '4flerg0' in the ID field which should have been the extension number.

upload_2017-11-28_18-4-52.png

Capture.JPG

Registers now so the ringer should work as expected now haha.

Atleast I can use this experience as a learning curve for any future ATA registration issues

Glad it worked out for you.

Glad to hear it is now working and thank you for sharing your solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.