• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

GXP1625 Provisioning Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzixs

Customer
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
I recently got a 3CX hosted instance and it's working great. Got multiple GXP 2170's provisioned with the remote server and they work wonderfully. But I tried to provision several GXP 1625's as documented in the guides 3CX provides and I don't get the prompts to enter the ext. and VM pin. After adding the phone to 3CX, ensuring the phone has the required firmware, and rebooting it to see the 1625's adjusts its "Config Server Path" to "domain.us/rps", I still don't get the prompt to enter in the ext. and VM pin to finish the provisioning. I've also tried to manually enter in the information to get it to connect to the provisioning server but to no availe. Here a screenshot of the phone's "Upgrade and Provisioning" settings.

I know there have been statements about the 1625's hardware not being the best, but would this result in the problem I'm having? Has anyone else encountered this issue with the GXP 1625's? Am I doing something incorrectly?
 
  • Like
Reactions: XeviNadal
I do factory resets after the firmware upgrade and then do a reboot once I've confirmed the "Config Server Path" is prepopulated with the "domain.us/rps" value. With the GPX 2170's, after rebooting it, I normally get the prompt for the credentials. I do not get this with the 1625's.

Please note I state I tried to provision these devices as documented by 3CX. Factory reset and all.
 
Just wanted to check because factory reset vs reboot is an important distinction. Looking at your screenshot I see the word 'Version' under Contacts but no actual version number. Can you confirm the version you are running on those phones?
 
Ah, yes. It was coming out of a reboot when I did that screenshot so I guess it was in the process of populating it. The version is 1.0.7.6.
 
Hi @Muzixs

Since this is a 3CX-hosted instance, are you using an SBC at the phones site?

It sounds like you picked STUN as the provisioning mode and we do prefer SBC over STUN for a number of reasons.

Let me know which method you chose (check under the extension's provisioning tab) and we can advise accordingly.
 
I am not using an SBC. I will eventually switch to using it over a STUN configuration. However, the GXP 2170's I provisioned worked just fine using STUN. I just thought it odd SBC vs STUN would be the issue since it works fine with 2170's.
 
Hmm, I missed that. I will try it out to see if that is the case...
 
We do recommend you use an SBC because that will provide the most reliable and secure connection for your phones to reach their PBX.

However, if using STUN then make sure to read the below guide. STUN might work even when not set up properly, giving the impression that everything is alright when in fact it isn't.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Similar problem
Context: 3CX onpremise server and extensions on the same LAN: Perfect Grandstream 2160 update Grandstream 1625 update failed. I configure by factory default and 3CX does not declare them in the phones menu. Grandstream 2160 if it looks and works ok, why?
 
SOLUTION:
1 - Remove device model in the 3CX Phone Provisioning menu in the extensions
2 - Set factory default phone
3 - Configure directly in the phone menu the firmware url of Grandstream / maitenance / Upgrade and Provisioning (http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware)
4 - Restart
5 - If it updates correctly, it is displayed in the Phones menu
6 - Assign 3CX the extension phone with the MAC (usual procedure)

Bug, Configure by default to manufacture the phone, the URL firmware provisioning is not configured correctly !!!!
 
Hi Xevi,

That is not a solution, if we add the manufacturer's URL your phone will automatically download the latest version Grandstream offers, not the latest version that 3CX Supports.

I have tested the device just now and upgraded now to 1.0.7.13 successfully, but do keep in mind these are very low end devices and may take a long time to complete the operation or get stuck sometimes possibly depending on the internet connection..
 
  • Like
Reactions: XeviNadal
Hello JohnS_3CX: Thanks for the answer, so I understand you always have to configure the URL of the 3CX so that it updates Firmware correctly.

Perform the operation to update GXP2160 successfully without any problem, the extensions with GXP1625 = infinite loop did not update, the only solution was the one explained before. With previous firmware and url link in the phones to my 3CX it did not update.

in this case it didn't work for me, Thank you very much
 
Last edited:
Hi Xevi,

That is not a solution, if we add the manufacturer's URL your phone will automatically download the latest version Grandstream offers, not the latest version that 3CX Supports.

I have tested the device just now and upgraded now to 1.0.7.13 successfully, but do keep in mind these are very low end devices and may take a long time to complete the operation or get stuck sometimes possibly depending on the internet connection..
A related question:

FANVIL is the brand with which 3CX is best understood?

I want to buy to test environment of tests that I have in our offices and show room

My profile is a 3CX VoIP Partner, but I am waiting to find time for Certification courses, even so I have already successfully installed 3CX on-premise system in our offices and also in Hypervisor (Distro proxmox HP proliant DL20) to have a test environment
 
Hi Xevi,

That's excellent news! We do not support proxmox as an environment so I would not recommend it. There is no point having to troubleshoot issues that can be avoided if you know what I mean ;)

We do support the following if you wish to build a good test environment:

  • VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.X and above.
  • Microsoft HyperV 2012 R2 and above - see our Hyper-V Page for required settings.
  • KVM 2.8 and above
  • Citrix XenServer 7.0 and above

I would recommend Fanvil / Yealink / Snom for testing and customer demonstrations, any of these should be fine so long as they are in the supported list here https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Avoid buying Legacy / EOL devices
 
  • Like
Reactions: XeviNadal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us