• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with g729 call - cant get around it

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest i wouldn't know where to start.
If you would make a patch for this i would be extremely grateful - more than you could imagine!
I'd be grateful if you could let me know what you decide to choose to do. That way i wont be waiting around for something.

Thanks for you help on clearing this up, either way.

h2009 said:
Ok i've checked with Mondotalk and they are ONLY using g729a - and not G729b.

Could it be a header communications problem between 3CX and mondotalk.

We are using RFC3555 to specify (describe) codec in SDP content.
Could you please ask provider, what RFC we must use to provide description of RTP payload for G.729 codec to be compatible with Mondotalk?

Thanks

Ok i've emailed them just awaiting their reply.

h2009 said:
Ok i've emailed them just awaiting their reply.

We are waiting for answer as well.
Thanks a lot :)

Ok this is the reply i got :

“We use SDP description. Our system will not change the codec description of SDP, it will only change the media address and port.

So when it meets different terminals it uses the standard as decided by the terminals. ”

Does this help at all?

Anything else i can do to help you find the info needed?

h2009 said:
Ok this is the reply i got :

“We use SDP description. Our system will not change the codec description of SDP, it will only change the media address and port.

So when it meets different terminals it uses the standard as decided by the terminals. ”

Does this help at all?

Anything else i can do to help you find the info needed?

Ok. It is the fair description. But it doesn't explore reasons of problem related to access to voice mail provided by Mondotalk.

You can perform following test.
1. Register two extensions on your PBX:
a) SNOM 320 or 360
b) Linksys
2. configure both extension as "Support re-INVITE"=on and "PBX delivers audio"=off
3. configure Linksys to support G729a
4. configure SNOM to support ONLY G729A (all entries on RTP page of account should be set to G729A)
5. Make call from Linksys to SNOM
6. Make call from SNOM to Linksys

Could you please make capture of those calls on PBX host, describe how it works and provide information about firmware version of both phones?

Thanks a lot for your information

Ok
Snom 320 - latest firmware, linksys spa921 - latest firmware.
all configured like you wanted, all the calls worked fine, no audio problem, voice clear, calls worked both ways first time around.
The linksys was a remote extension, to my second office.

When calling the linksys to snom the ringing soungs was much faster than normal.
But when calling from/to the linksys to other phones on the which were not setup to for g729a only, the audio seemed to cut out mid call/start of call (on the linksys side, although they could hear me fine).

h2009 said:
Ok
Snom 320 - latest firmware, linksys spa921 - latest firmware.
all configured like you wanted, all the calls worked fine, no audio problem, voice clear, calls worked both ways first time around.
The linksys was a remote extension, to my second office.

When calling the linksys to snom the ringing soungs was much faster than normal.
But when calling from/to the linksys to other phones on the which were not setup to for g729a only, the audio seemed to cut out mid call/start of call (on the linksys side, although they could hear me fine).

Nice picture, realy :)

What does it mean "latest"?

Thanks

linksys firmware : 5.1.8
Snom firmware : 7.1.30

so the most recent. All updated last week.

h2009 said:
linksys firmware : 5.1.8
Snom firmware : 7.1.30

so the most recent. All updated last week.

Can you reach your voicemail on Mondotalk using snom phone?

No its the same problem when using pure g729a codec.
But if i leave the default methods of codec, i can hear the voicemail line - no problem, on both linksys and snom. when i've looked at the linksys status page, it says connected using g711u.

If i turn on pure g729 on the handsets line drops out right away.

So based on everything you know will you be able to make a patch for mondotalk?

h2009 said:
So based on everything you know will you be able to make a patch for mondotalk?

"alternative" question:
So, based on everything you know will mondotalk be able to make a patch for 3cx?

Thanks

Lol - already asked for that, and the short reply was no. :(

But really how can i get around this, if there is anyway?

Please also consider asking Linksys and Snom about patch to work with Mondotalk :)

har har - really can it be fixed?

I was looking into reselling mondotalk with 3CX but if g729 calls cant work its not very good.
There are no other voip companies for the UK which are any good (call rates, and line quality)

h2009 said:
Lol - already asked for that, and the short reply was no. :(

But really how can i get around this, if there is anyway?

I cannot imagine how to support (provide a patch) the system which doesn't plan to support our product.

Thanks for your help and information

OK i've actually fixed this problem. Just waiting for mondotalk to call me and confirm it.
Then i'll post how i done it.

Hi there,

What have been understanded from 3cx web site that the free 3xc pbx dosen't support the g729.
Can someone confirm that?

Thanks

Yes, to use G729 you must use the commercial edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.