Solved Provisioning Of Yealink W60B

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Chief

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
9
I'm trying to provision a Yealink W60B base with a Yealink W56H phone over STUN. I have followed the guidelines on the documentation, the W60B is programmed and an extension is assigned to it. I have logged onto the Yealink base and copied the provisioning link into the server url. Everything seems fine, but when i look on the management console/phones the W60B is not in there, and when i try and make even an internal call it doesn't work.
 
I'm trying to provision a Yealink W60B base with a Yealink W56H phone over STUN. I have followed the guidelines on the documentation, the W60B is programmed and an extension is assigned to it. I have logged onto the Yealink base and copied the provisioning link into the server url. Everything seems fine, but when i look on the management console/phones the W60B is not in there, and when i try and make even an internal call it doesn't work.
That means it is not registering or provisioning at all.

After putting the URL and pressing "provision now", do you see any settings added in the Accounts tab of the phone's web UI?

Also, where is hosted your PBX? STUN requires all the port needed to be opened.
 
That means it is not registering or provisioning at all.

After putting the URL and pressing "provision now", do you see any settings added in the Accounts tab of the phone's web UI?

Also, where is hosted your PBX? STUN requires all the port needed to be opened.
Hi Frederick - I get nothing in the accounts tab, and the system is hosted in Amazon Lightsail, which ports should be open for STUN.
 
Hi Frederick - I get nothing in the accounts tab, and the system is hosted in Amazon Lightsail, which ports should be open for STUN.
If it gets nothing in Accounts, then it's no provisioning if you say you set extensions in the second tab of the Yealink config in 3CX.
 
As above, under the extension tab check you have added an extension.

Within management console add the extension , you do not add any provisioning details for any phones, just the default 3cx app.

Under options for the extension, check you have enabled ‘stun’

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/
 
Last edited:
If it gets nothing in Accounts, then it's no provisioning if you say you set extensions in the second tab of the Yealink config in 3CX.
I have set an extension in the second tab of the FXS/DECT area in the management console. This is the first time of trying this on STUN, done a few over SBC and they have all worked fine.
 
Hello,

You should consider installing a 3CX SBC, this has solved similar problems many times in the past.

Alternatively, you can keep STUN mode but you need to ensure that everything mentioned here is confirmed and doublechecked. STUN is reliable when all of these points have been met.


And of course before you do so, make sure the correct firmware has been installed as per our guide. (77.85.0.25)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hello,

You should consider installing a 3CX SBC, this has solved similar problems many times in the past.

Alternatively, you can keep STUN mode but you need to ensure that everything mentioned here is confirmed and doublechecked. STUN is reliable when all of these points have been met:

And of course before you do so, make sure the correct firmware has been installed as per our guide. (77.85.0.25)
Thanks JohnS - I have tried it again on STUN, but this time i did it on my hosted system in Google and it worked. The only difference from the time before is that the customers hosted system is in AWS Lightsail.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Unfortunately this does not give much to go upon, but I would speculate that there was something missing/misconfigured on the firewall if I had to take a blind guess.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that it works now! Just make sure that all points in the article I shared have been met otherwise you might discover that STUN only works for a while and then stops again until you restart all the devices.

The best solution is to use an SBC - this will practically eliminate any NAT/Firewall issues out of the gate and will make things easier if you want to add more devices in the future.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hello,

Unfortunately this does not give much to go upon, but I would speculate that there was something missing/misconfigured on the firewall if I had to take a blind guess.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that it works now! Just make sure that all points in the article I shared have been met otherwise you might discover that STUN only works for a while and then stops again until you restart all the devices.

The best solution is to use an SBC - this will practically eliminate any NAT/Firewall issues out of the gate and will make things easier if you want to add more devices in the future.
Thanks JohnS - I am going to put an SBC on a Raspberry Pi just to be on the safe side
 
That would be an excellent solution, just remember to factory reset the W60 before reprovisioning it so it will forget the old STUN settings.

In addition, if you made any port forwards at the customer's site firewall, these will no longer be needed so you can safely remove them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
That would be an excellent solution, just remember to factory reset the W60 before reprovisioning it so it will forget the old STUN settings.

In addition, if you made any port forwards at the customer's site firewall, these will no longer be needed so you can safely remove them.
I factory reset the W60B and have installed an SBC on a Pi. I can see the W60B on the management console, but when i copy and paste the provisioning link into the W60B it says the auto provisioning is complete but the W60B doesn't reload and the phone ( W56H ) isn't registered.
 
Under options for the extension , are you allowing sbc connection
 
Two thoughts:

One, is the W60B on current firmware per the guide to rule out any SSL issues. Two, Can you reach the management console of the 3CX instance that doesn't work from where the W60B is located?
 
Two thoughts:

One, is the W60B on current firmware per the guide to rule out any SSL issues. Two, Can you reach the management console of the 3CX instance that doesn't work from where the W60B is located?
Yeah the W60B is on 77.85.0.25 firmware and yes i can reach the management console of the 3CX instance from the location of the W60B. It's like it's not accepting the provisioning link generated from the FXS/DECT tab.
 
Could you check a few things:

• Have you made sure to switch to SBC under Advanced >> FXS/DECT >> Edit >> Provisioning Method?
• If you copy that provisioning link and then use it in a web browser from the DECT site, does it download the config file?
• Do you perhaps mean the handset is not registered to the base? This will not happen automatically, you will need to follow this guide: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/register-yealink-handsets/
 
Yes i've changed it to SBC under advanced/fxs/dect.
I've copied the provisioning link, then under settings/auto provision in the W60B copied the link, clicked confirm and then auto provision now. It says upload complete, but i don't think it is, as the W60B doesn't reboot and the web browse should kick you off and bring you to the logging page again, but it doesn't.
And i've followed the guide to register the handset to the base, which it does, but like before i think the provisioning link isn't working.
 
but like before i think the provisioning link isn't working.
To check this you will have to test the second point in my previous reply, did you try it already? If yes, what happened, did the configuration file actually get downloaded?
 
To check this you will have to test the second point in my previous reply, did you try it already? If yes, what happened, did the configuration file actually get downloaded?
No it's not downloading it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe